Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need Some opnions on Rubi specs

Old 04-11-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some opnions on Rubi specs

are these good specs.... what are some typical questions to ask your jeep seller?
Im new to the Forum. My family have all had jeeps and now its my turn. I found this jeep and would like to hear what you guys think.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited with 11k miles on it.
Automatic, 4:1 t-case, 5.13 gears, lockers in both axles, electronic swaybar disconnect
Power Door locks
Power Windows
Tented Windows
Remote Start
Keyless entry
Side Impact Air Bags
C-gusseted front axle
Rusty's 3.25" lift with extra 1" coil spacers.
Steel belted extended brake lines
Xenon Flat Fenders
Custom Rock Sliders and Stock Rubi sliders.
Pioneer AVIC F90BT DVD, Nav unit (unlocked to play dvd's while in motion)
Cobra 19 CB
Rugged Ridge XHD modular front bumper
Warn PowerPlant with synthetic line.
SmittyBilt XRC Rear bumper/tire carrier
Cragar V-star black steel wheels 15x8
37" SuperSwamper IROK bias (less then 1k miles on tires).(36x13.50x15 but they measure 36.8" which is more then most 37"s measure)
Tuffy Security Drawer in back.
Grab handles all around.
Soft top with custom roof rack that can be mounted with top on or off.
7 year bumper to bumper warranty, plus the standard 3 year 36 month bumper to bumper from Jeep.
K&N Cold Air Intake
Rusty's CherryBomb Exhaust system
Optima Red top battery
Quadratec Mud Mats front and rear and an extra one for the cargo area if you decide to take the Tuffy Drawer out.

Thanks so much!
-Rob
Old 04-11-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

look nice on paper and certainly a big nice price tag

BTW welcome to the forum
Old 04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the Welcome! I figured the tires are a bit excessive for day to day wear and tear but if i have them i might as well use them right lol Im going to use it for driving to and from work 5 days a week. The reason i would like a beefy jeep is because 1. who wouldnt and 2. For the business i am starting. Do you think that i should get a more "eco" jeep? Im starting an adventure company. I will be using this thing for off roading and such but probably 25% of the time im driving it. What would you think?
Thanks again for the great advice!
-Rob
Old 04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first question would be why is the person selling it? If for financial reasons, that is understandable; however, after being into and around jeep building projects for over 20 years, I've seen many people build them up and then they can't live with them on a daily basis and they end up selling them.

IMO the jeep is only worth the book value, I wouldn't add too many dollars beyond that for mods. I prefer getting a bone stock vehicle that hasn't been messed with and then build it to my needs vs. getting somebody's potential problem child. For your needs, this jeep may be right.

Just my .02.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

So your saying this is a good jeep for me or that this is a problem child jeep lol They are selling it for financial reasons and the KBB is 31,000 which is what he wants for it.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haste
So your saying this is a good jeep for me or that this is a problem child jeep lol They are selling it for financial reasons and the KBB is 31,000 which is what he wants for it.
For the business you're starting, it sounds made to order (although I personally don't care for Rusty's lifts after bad experiences with their XJ lifts sagging, but that was years ago).

In my area here in PA, that jeep would be valued (private sale) at $28,590 in excellent condition per KBB. IMO, for $31K I'd probably look for new or negotiate with him.

Keep in mind, it's a 2008 and we're heading into 2011 models, so that warranty isn't really a full 7 years & 3 year b-2-b anymore.

Last edited by Rubicon John; 04-13-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Need Some opnions on Rubi specs