Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need some recomendations.....

Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some recomendations.....

I am using some of my tax return for a soft top on my 2010 Unlimited. I currently have the 3 piece Freedom Top. I can get the OEM Mopar top throught a buddy that owns a body shop for $1237. That is his cost with his discount. I have checked all around and it seems like I can get the Best Top for about $1000 - $1050.

JUst curious what seems to be the best choice? Is there a difference in quality and fit? Ive been told that Best Top actually makes the OEM top for Mopar.....All suggestions as well as experience with either top welcome.....Thanks
Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don't you just be patient and watch Craigslist. I have seen a lot of soft tops on in and I picked up a brand new in the box 2011 soft top from a guy who bought his jeep with a dual top. I paid $500 for the soft top.

I have heard, but not seen personally, that the Bestop version of the soft top is of a cheaper quality.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check ebay usually a few on there from people getting dual top group and not needing it. Quadratec has khaki Mopar tops for the unlimited on sale for $ 750 brand new!!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

There is no way I'd pay retail or even discounted retail for a soft top. It seems like there are always a few newer take-offs available for really good prices. Give it a little time and check the suggested locations listed in the other posts an you should save a boat-load!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

My jeep came with the dual top and thought about selling my soft top for half that price, but decided to keep it. I'm with everyone else, look in the for sale section or craigs list, save yourself some money.

Quick Reply: Need some recomendations.....