Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Car Tax Return

Old 02-25-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbhockey19
LIke I Said I am Single I claim Single 0 on my Taxes So will I get any money since I will be getting back from Federal and State since I take the most out of my check. I want to make sure I do this before I go to the Accountant.
Really the question cannot be answer based on what your giving us... For one, you need to know how much you made... How much was taken out... Honestly, if your single no dependents and no schedule A, C, or D then do it yourself unless you know a CPA who will do it for cheap, or even the tax software. Anyways good luck.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turbo Tax has a free edition of their software online. If youre filing an easy form or whatever its called, it does really well and super easy to use. Thats what I used.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by captjay
u will have to check to see if u are eligible or not and if it will be worth the deduction becasue it has something to do with state and local taxes also. to be honest the 2009 tax code is so screwy and worded so the avarage person wont really understand it. even tax pros are having problems this year.

also, this has to be a brand new vehicle (unused) not previuosly owned.

but to answer your question: yes you can get money back. most of the time but not all the time. it is used as a deduction on your taxes, so basically it means u have less taxable income which could mean some money back to you in the refund..

do some searches online for the this or call the IRS or check out their website.
i am not going to get in dept with this as it is very complicated
like i said in my previous answer. if u dont like the answers given here, then do your own damn search. we cannot answer this for you. we cannot say yes or no. it is up to your state and local taxes and your income and many other factors.
Originally Posted by bbhockey19
LIke I Said I am Single I claim Single 0 on my Taxes So will I get any money since I will be getting back from Federal and State since I take the most out of my check. I want to make sure I do this before I go to the Accountant.
check above quote, sorry wish we could give you a correct answer but we cannot

Originally Posted by TNJKER
Really the question cannot be answer based on what your giving us... For one, you need to know how much you made... How much was taken out... Honestly, if your single no dependents and no schedule A, C, or D then do it yourself unless you know a CPA who will do it for cheap, or even the tax software. Anyways good luck.
see this guy agrees, we cannot answer your specific question if you will or will not get money back.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawb77
Turbo Tax has a free edition ...
I used to use TurboTax Online, but quit a few years back. Their tax software was reporting as taxable by the state of Oklahoma $27K of my military retirement pay. The state had changed that year from the first $10K being tax free, to all military retirement being tax free. I called Intuit up and explained that their software was resulting in an excess of $2K tax for me. They said that they could not help me with my accounting problems. They refused to accept that their software was doing the calculations wrong, even when I provided them the official OK Tax Commission release that explained to software developers the change in calculating the tax. I went to freetaxusa.com that afternoon; it correctly figured my tax, and I've been with them ever since.

Quick Reply: New Car Tax Return