Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Jeep and New Lift

Old 04-25-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jeep and New Lift

Well I am new to Jeep Wranglers. Bought a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr. This is my first Wrangler but a few years ago i had a Cherokee. I have mainly been a Ford person (72 Mustang, 97 Mustang, 04 Mustang, 79 F150, 97 F150 and 03 F150). I have decided that I want crawl over stuff and instead of speeding around it, lol. For the past 2 days I have had been installing a Rusty's Offroad 3.25 Advance Lift. It took 2 days because I wanted to take my time and do everything right, I even checked my measurements 4 or 5 times. I even took parts off to readjust cause i didnt feel comfortable with it at first. I have to say I have installed many brands of lift kits for me and friends but i really like the one on my Jeep. I did have a few issues though. I feel that Rusty's by far has the best customer service I have ever dealt with in the automotive category. Their instructions though need some help. I did everything per their outline, but no where in there did it say to cut the rear sway bar links to fit. Needless to say when I called them they were very helpful, but I think it should have been in the paperwork. Also with all the lifts they have done why no pictures? Lol! I also liked the fact that they had a vehicle to get measurements off of. Overall very pleased with my purchase from them.

They other thing I wanted to post was, you guys are great. I have read thru alot of post and no one ever bashes on anyone for a comment, question or mod. I have been a member of several mustang forums, they are helpful but just very opionnated, sometimes not in a good way.

I took all my mustang gear and moved it to the yard work pile, lol.

Also side note, lower control hurts like hell when it hits you in the teeth when laying under the bracket and there is no bolt in it, LMAO, learned the hard way!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the Jeep and welcome.

Quick Reply: New Jeep and New Lift