Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Jeep - Old Parts

Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jeep - Old Parts

Just curious, has anyone purchased a new Wrangler, selling their current one to the dealership, but kept parts like rims, bumper, etc? I'm not sure if this is even possible, but if I wanted to sell my 2007 JK for a newer one, do you think the dealership would let me keep my current rims and put them on the new Jeep's tires?

Just wondering if anyone tried this.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Just traded my blue 2009 Sahara for a 2011 Rubicon-had to negotiate for a few keepers on my end-just small stuff. If you have the original bumpers and such, put it back on before you go to the dealer-or see if someone here is giving up OEM bumpers etc so you can "re-stock" it.
Gotta say my Sahara looked pretty, so I got a great trade-not exactly what I put into it, but not too bad.
I also shopped dealers for the best trade/out the door price.
Good luck!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

I agree with putting it back to stock on the cheap.

However, you can negotiate anything. Don't let them spin it and make it seam like a concession on their part. Your old Jeep will look great with all those stock parts with zero wear & tear. Also, stock appeals to a wider spectrum of buyers.

Good luck with it. I'll be doing this when the Penstar comes out.

Quick Reply: New Jeep - Old Parts