Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Jeep Print Ads

Old 12-21-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jeep Print Ads

New Jeep Print Ads; Have you seen these? I think there is one in the new sports illustrated... Just wondering if everyone agrees that the New Jeep Print Ads totally suck?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Junkie

Old 12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Which One?

Which one were you thinking about? I have my own advertising agency and I love all of the JEEP advertising, as it is clever and evokes emotions. If you can spark emotion, good or bad, you have a successful campaign. JEEP sold me personally on their advertising so in my opinion I love their past and current campaign.

To each their own

Old 12-21-2009, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the one with the bird nests and the very last one, the tire track on the moon. The other, meh. Some of them are awful.

Once again, they pursued an ass-backward approach to Jeep ads - they went with branding, branding branding when everyone knows, as much as or more than any other brand, what Jeep is about. It's about the Wranlger, 4WD, top off, fun in the sun and performance on the trail. People get that already - they need to see the vehicles in action and not an abstract plea to their desire to not be in work. Seeing the vehicles in action will be more than enough to remind them of why they want one.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

It all depends on what you want to see. As I believe most people on this forum are true jeep people, the kind that buys a jeep for its purpose. Granted, no company in the world could survive on just that, which is why they streamline it more. Looking at the above ads, I find them very clever and creative, but since this is what I do for a living I may appreciate something you may not. Of course its subjective, but JEEP sold the lifestyle to me through their ads and vision. Finding this forum was an added bonus which in my opinion is a direct effect from me looking at the JEEP ads. Or I wouldn't have googled Jeep Forums.

I am curious to know if you could find an image you would like to see JEEP use as advertising?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Jeep Print History

These ads are taken from 2002-2008 for the Wrangler specific. I believe JEEP started the new trend when the unlimited was coming out. Judge for yourself.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by cbenitah
... I am curious to know if you could find an image you would like to see JEEP use as advertising?
I like mine ...

When NASA's Spirit Mars rover needed a little help ...
Old 12-22-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I like mine ...

When NASA's Spirit Mars rover needed a little help ...
Well done!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2
Old 12-22-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Here ya go

Thought you deserved your own ad.

If you have a larger resolution you can send it and I can send it back if desired.

Quick Reply: New Jeep Print Ads