Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The new owner of Chrysler is....

Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by doojer
I was really hoping Jeep wouldn't be part of this sale....

I was also praying they wouldn't
Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cut the fat

Hopefully when they start cutting people out they cut loose the guy that didn't align my doors and left all the bolts loose. OOh! and maybe they'll get rid of the guy responsible for the "STALL BUG" I can only hope for Karma.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi

Well... since this is no longer a rumor and it unfortunately does include our beloved JKs, I'll move the thread over to talk...
Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
Hopefully when they start cutting people out they cut loose the guy that didn't align my doors and left all the bolts loose. OOh! and maybe they'll get rid of the guy responsible for the "STALL BUG" I can only hope for Karma.
I guess that's something you can hope for! I just have a real problem with some of the players involved in this thing... but hopefully it will never really effect me in any negative way.

BTW, I am officially naming this smiley CLACKEY ------>
Old 05-14-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Junkie

Default Maybe a bright side to things...

For those people who are still waiting on their JKs (2008 at this point?), it's probably going to be a blessing... a new owner is going to do whatever they can to profit in the short-term, which probably means scaling up production to move as many units as the market will support...

So, I'm hopeful that this will mean lower wait times for the poor folks that still don't have a JK of their own. Then again, they may go in, stick their nose into production where it doesn't belong, and set production back by weeks... who knows?

Just trying to be optimistic about this... I was honestly hoping that Kerkorian would be the buyer, because he at least knows his way around the auto industry...
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skibum
Great. A buyer whose primary concern is short-term profitability (never gonna get those cargo tie-down loops now) and who is run by the most inept individual to ever hold the vice-presidency and a former administration official who escaped DC (Washington not Daimler-Chrysler) one step ahead of the law.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The group has a good track record from what I've heard.

Originally Posted by Emoto
Making Jeep profitable is a GOOD thing. What did Daimler really do for us?

The thing about Wikipedia is that anyone can add anything. YOU can go and update a page. There really is no oversight like in a real encyclopaedia, so you have to take things with a grain of salt.
Wiki aside, I agree...making jeep, et al profitable is a good thing. Despite the fact that jeep is kickin' a.....the group is in the toilet. So this is a good thing..until Jeep gets spun off, you have to hope for the good of the group.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:41 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7 Billion dollars...

I think they should have seperated jeep from the group, but then agian when I think jeep I think wrangler. I sometimes forget they make other vehicles as well.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

My father has had dealings with some of the companies purchased by Cerberus over the years. From what he tells me, they're very good about turning ailing brands into quality manufacturers.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TEV
7 Billion dollars...

I think they should have seperated jeep from the group, but then agian when I think jeep I think wrangler. I sometimes forget they make other vehicles as well.
Yes, they make a 4 door Wrangler as well, at least so i have heard.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by papabear
I was also praying they wouldn't
It's the only part worth anything...

Quick Reply: The new owner of Chrysler is....