Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New rates/deals unbeliveable

Old 07-03-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rates/deals unbeliveable

Went into one of the local Jeep dealerships yesterday to find out what the new incentive program for July was. Figured they would start ramping them up to get rid of the '08's before the '09's come in a couple months. Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong. Last month, up here in Canada, they were offering $1250 cash back, this month, NOTHING. Last month, lease rates were 6.9%, purchase rates 3-7% depending on term. This month, lease rates are up to 12.9% for every single Jeep, Dodge or Chrysler on the lot. 60 month purchase financing is at almost 9%!! As far as leasing goes, it would close to double your monthly payment. I asked the sales guys about it and they said Chrysler wants out of the leasing business and doesn't want to give cheap financing anymore. I told them I'd be back in a couple months when the '09's come out, they laughed and said they hoped they'd still be working then.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

My two cents is, 4th of July is big time for the Jeep name, and we will see more discounts after the 4th, just after purchased my JK.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Last year the dealerships around here actually where charging OVER RETAIL. They where telling people you could order a new 08 and wait months OR you can buy one that we have in stock for sticker price ( and all the Jeeps in stock had all kinds of special dealer options like $400 pinstripping ).
Old 07-04-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71
Last year the dealerships around here actually where charging OVER RETAIL. They where telling people you could order a new 08 and wait months OR you can buy one that we have in stock for sticker price ( and all the Jeeps in stock had all kinds of special dealer options like $400 pinstripping ).

Yep- that what we ran into....AND everyyyyyyyyy *incentive* offered by jeep was for anything EXCEPT the wranglers

jeepwarehouse. Go talk to Bill....A+++++++++ in my book and you'll pay below retail EVERY time.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, I bought back in Feb and was lucky to get a 7pc rate and $1000.00 off the dealer's recommended price. Lucky for me, they were able to rush it and a factory ordered Rubi took only 6 weeks (ordered December 07).

Even more amazing is the fact that I bought it in super-stupid-hyper-inflated northern Alberta where everyone makes average 70K per year and up. Dealers up there didn't have to work for their SUV/Pickup sales...

Ah well, big thing is that there's no such thing as a Crystal ball and my JK sure as heck beats my ol' GMC.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I work in the Auto Finance industry and you are right Chrysler wants out of the leasing business. They were pushing the 24month lease big time and now they are getting killed! Gas prices went up Gas Guzzlers went down in demand so the prices have dropped ....Chrysler is getting lots of vehicles back with high residuals and losing their shirts.

I would wait a little you will probably see stuff like 0% for 72months or low rates if you finance. Lease rates are 12.9% to start because they want OUT!

GMAC and Chrysler Financial are owned by the same company and GMAC has the 0% for 72months. HAVE FAITH!

Quick Reply: New rates/deals unbeliveable