Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Tires?? 35s

Old 10-11-2014, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snowride20
I was just saying they may have needed to be match mount balanced. Little bit more of a process then just balancing. Good luck with the new tires. If you have problems again try to borrow someone's tires that you know don't create a vibration to try and determine if it is in fact the tires.
Cool, definitely thanks for the info! I'd hope that after the 5th time of taking it back to them and swapping out 2 tires, that they would do "everything" in their power as far as balancing methods, to not see me again! lol.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

I'll be the devils advocate here and say...come on....you know you want those mud graps!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of wheeling do you do?
I've run Mickey MTZ's great tires in summer keep them rotated..... Duratracs are a great tire too and snow flake rated its and AT that looks like a MT ..... Now on MTR's w Kevlar great tire as well.
Winter I run the Duratracs and if they made them in 37's I'd stick with them all year round but they don't so when I moved up to 37's I went with the MTR's one of the lightest ..... If you have snow and sticking with 35" Duratracs for sure
Old 10-12-2014, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
What kind of wheeling do you do?
I've run Mickey MTZ's great tires in summer keep them rotated..... Duratracs are a great tire too and snow flake rated its and AT that looks like a MT ..... Now on MTR's w Kevlar great tire as well.
Winter I run the Duratracs and if they made them in 37's I'd stick with them all year round but they don't so when I moved up to 37's I went with the MTR's one of the lightest ..... If you have snow and sticking with 35" Duratracs for sure
I'm in AZ so if it snows, something went terribly wrong! lol. I'm from Mi though, so miss it a lil. The Jeep is my daily driver and will be mostly on the streets with intentions of having "some" fun off road……but nothing too serious.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm actually dealing with this issue right now. I have the pro comp ATs. Balanced 5 times in the past 2 months. 2 out of round tires and one out of round pro comp wheel. Finally agreed to replace the complete set if I take it back one more time and have a technician do a ride along to see if I am BSing or not. The only catch is they will replace with a new set of pro comp xtreme ATs.aparently these are now being made by Maxxis. Hoping for a better experience. What did you decide to go with?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 10-15-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
I'm actually dealing with this issue right now. I have the pro comp ATs. Balanced 5 times in the past 2 months. 2 out of round tires and one out of round pro comp wheel. Finally agreed to replace the complete set if I take it back one more time and have a technician do a ride along to see if I am BSing or not. The only catch is they will replace with a new set of pro comp xtreme ATs.aparently these are now being made by Maxxis. Hoping for a better experience. What did you decide to go with?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
I decided to go with the Toyo OC M/T….looks like the great tire according to reviews. It appears that this 4wheelparts uses the "dynamic" tire balancer which from what I understand, doesn't get the job done for big tires. My question, is if this is the case, why the hell are they using it and not the "road force" system or "match balance" method? I'd think after going back 5 times, with a new tire being out of balance or round every time and now a whole new set, that they'd seriously question their methods? These Pro Comps "may" be just fine but their balancing method seems off?
Old 10-19-2014, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like my MT BF Goodriches, they work well and they are appealing to the eye.

I would stay away from the Nitto Grapplers based on ugly looks alone.

Quick Reply: New Tires?? 35s