Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Wrangler Rumors

Old 02-12-2016, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It has to change. If it doesn't it will still be getting 17 mpg. That's why they are changing it. The front windshield will HAVE to be angled more. Aerodynamics and weight are why it gets the mileage it does. And Sergio said they will be able to get around using aluminum. So the appearance is the only option.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am anxious to see the available engines and transmissions. Will not heavily mod mine until then. I would like to see a diesel with the 8 speed trans or upgraded manual.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKHammerSVT10
I am anxious to see the available engines and transmissions. Will not heavily mod mine until then. I would like to see a diesel with the 8 speed trans or upgraded manual.
The diesel will most likely only be with the 8 speed auto
Old 02-13-2016, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I'd highly doubt a diesel with an auto.

And apparently the diesel and hybrid options are not coming for a couple years (maybe 2018-2020) based on the details FCA came out with so far.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...plan/79393200/

Last edited by arjeeper; 02-13-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cajun JK
When I bought my 2015 JKU it only came with a hard top. No big deal, I picked up a best top and am rolling along. Even saved a few bucks buying after market.
Ya, but that assumes that what they come out with will even have an option of an after-market soft-top. If what they make is something like the Liberty Sky Slider (like somebody above said), that to me is no different from a sunroof (a big sunroof, but still).

I have no interest in that, and to me, it would kill the Wrangler in its sleep.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by arjeeper
They don't want to put out the fire that's keeping FCA alive.
That's exactly right. Jeep is the only thing keeping FCA afloat and FCA is the only major car company drowning in debt. It's in the same shape now that most car companies were in circa 2008. They can't keep that going. So at what point would it make sense to shake things up and split up the brand?

Personally, I think Jeep would be much better off if Fiat was pressured to sell the brand to a US manufacturer. It's the only piece of the company that has any value, but it won't for long.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were them I'd release a Wrangler with every option or configuration imaginable. Just milk that cash cow.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by NerfHerder
That's exactly right. Jeep is the only thing keeping FCA afloat and FCA is the only major car company drowning in debt. It's in the same shape now that most car companies were in circa 2008. They can't keep that going. So at what point would it make sense to shake things up and split up the brand?

Personally, I think Jeep would be much better off if Fiat was pressured to sell the brand to a US manufacturer. It's the only piece of the company that has any value, but it won't for long.
While Fiat and Chrysler brands haven't been knocking down many records, Jeep, Dodge and Ram Truck have been. When compared to GM and Ford, FCA has been performing markedly better in year-over-year sales numbers. I doubt they have any interest in selling off Jeep, and I have no idea who or how you figure they could be "pressured" into doing so. We now have a company that's actually interested in the brand, unlike Cerberus and Mercedes Benz. It shows in the products they've been selling. I say "Bravo!" and keep up the good work.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
We now have a company that's actually interested in the brand, unlike Cerberus and Mercedes Benz. It shows in the products they've been selling. I say "Bravo!" and keep up the good work.
They are interested in the brand only as far as it keeps the rest of the company hobbling along. They have been trolling for a buyer for over a year now (FCA seems to be looking for a partner, but the options are few) because they know their current structure is unsustainable. The question is whether their interest in the brand is a good thing or not. If they move in the direction of Jeep pickups, Hellcat Engines, diesel, solid axles and soft-tops, the Wrangler faithful will be happy as a pig in mud. But if their interest in the brand is to crank out little eurotrash like the Renegade (or to nerf the Wrangler into mom wagons), then their interest in the brand might just smother it.

I would think there would be a lot of interested buyers, but the Jeep faithful would be the only ones that could bring the pressure.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Its-a-JK
Did they not do away with the 3.6 overseas I thought it was dropped from the line up?
No, they stopped selling the Diesel here in Europe. But that is due to new and stricter emissions regulations.

Quick Reply: New Wrangler Rumors