Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Next-Gen Wrangler Could Do Away With Traditional Soft Top

Old 10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully the designers will step up and produce something still resembling past and current models.

The Next-Gen "Wrangler" should include:
Solid Front/Rear Axle
Transfer Case with 4 Lo, 4 Hi, 2 Hi
Open Air Top and Side (Not a hard body with removable windows/moon roofs)
Removable doors
Mod Friendly (Lifts, Bumpers, Winches, 35-37" capable Tires)

Take away these characteristics, you might as well name the Next-Gen "Neutered Strangler".

PS: An easy to use front folding window would be a plus (maybe not the whole window frame but just a subframe/front flat glass than can be lowered to the hood)

PSS: Permanent Death Wobble Fix
Better Designed Track Bar, Drag Link Ends, Tie Rod Ends
[/INDENT]
Old 10-08-2015, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by strat_53711
Hopefully the designers will step up and produce something still resembling past and current models.

The Next-Gen "Wrangler" should include:
Solid Front/Rear Axle
Transfer Case with 4 Lo, 4 Hi, 2 Hi
Open Air Top and Side (Not a hard body with removable windows/moon roofs)
Removable doors
Mod Friendly (Lifts, Bumpers, Winches, 35-37" capable Tires)

Take away these characteristics, you might as well name the Next-Gen "Neutered Strangler".

PS: An easy to use front folding window would be a plus (maybe not the whole window frame but just a subframe/front flat glass than can be lowered to the hood)

PSS: Permanent Death Wobble Fix
Better Designed Track Bar, Drag Link Ends, Tie Rod Ends
[/INDENT]
The folding windshield is said to be gone..I'm guessing half doors are toast too. Whether the doors are removable or not remains to be seen.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Part of me can't help but think that if they butcher the next gen Wrangler then I'm sitting pretty with 2 JK Rubicons. Very happy with both and not really itching to replace either.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Part of me can't help but think that if they butcher the next gen Wrangler then I'm sitting pretty with 2 JK Rubicons. Very happy with both and not really itching to replace either.
It's crossed my mind to tear all the stuff off my 2012 and go put it on a brand new 2015/2016. Maybe I can hang on to it for the next 10 years until we get a shot at the next (next) gen.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jk_sea
It's crossed my mind to tear all the stuff off my 2012 and go put it on a brand new 2015/2016. Maybe I can hang on to it for the next 10 years until we get a shot at the next (next) gen.
I did that in July. Replace my 2 door sport with a bad heater problem for a new 2015 Unlimited Rubicon in Hydro Blue. SOoooo happy.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newbie prospective, after all this talk of no more removable doors or no soft top I'm glad I got my 15 when I did. Absolutely love it. Came with hard top for winter and I found a soft top for summer. I may not 4 wheel a lot but I can't imagine not being able to go topless and door less. That's the whole point of owning the Jeep Wrangler. FREEDOM BABY
Old 10-08-2015, 10:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RoysRig
I'd like to think that since I have a 13 and 09, but there is a lot of grocery getter Rubicon models that will be discarded by moms for the next new family hauler. You'll be seeing those JKs that have never seen dirt on the trails for the next 20 years. Not a bad thing mind you.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by demtek9

I'd like to think that since I have a 13 and 09, but there is a lot of grocery getter Rubicon models that will be discarded by moms for the next new family hauler. You'll be seeing those JKs that have never seen dirt on the trails for the next 20 years. Not a bad thing mind you.
When those grocery getters see the new Wrangler getting close to 30 mpg they'll probably start jumping ship as soon as the new model comes out.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jk_sea
The next, next gen Wrangler may be something like a Renegade. I went through this crap with The Bronco. Ford is dead to me. That is why I get annoyed by there infomercials on this site.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Interesting.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=8&v=BElY8FbEjPA

Quick Reply: Next-Gen Wrangler Could Do Away With Traditional Soft Top