Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The nightmare continues.........

Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The nightmare continues.........

Ordered a JKU Rubicon on January 31. Structured the deal so that the Jeep would roll off the truck, sit there long enough for me to drive the 20 miles to get pics and make sure all was in order, and then head to the shop for lift, tires, wheels, etc. I know, I know, the labor charges stop just short of rape, but I wanted to roll it off the lot with all of the essential, beginning mods in place.

So, got the call from the salesman today, Jeep had finally arrived. Tells me I need to get there to finish paperwork so they can roll it in the shop. I get there and the entire file/paperwork is missing. All the numbers, pricing for mods, even the $1000 deposit check. Not sure how the biggest name dealer in the state does that, but they did. Not even in any of the computers.

My head is spinning a bit trying to understand how this happens. I go back to the parts dept and they too, are clueless. They actually ask me exactly which parts I wanted. Didn't have the Bilsteins, had a Tera Flex BB instead of the coil 2.5". 9+ weeks, with numerous texts and emails from me making sure everything was in order, and it was a complete disaster. Seriously thinking of taking my business elsewhere. If Rubi's weren't so hard to come by, at least the way we want it, then I would.

I do have a question. Do I need, or want, an adjustable trac bar with just 2.5" of lift? How about control arms? They tried to tell me none of it was needed with that lift. But, needless to say, i figured I'd ask the real experts. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I see them all over the lots here in Alabama.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

For 2.5in of lift neither a Adjustable Trackbar or LCA's are really needed. But they are nice To have.. If you have the extra money get them. :p
Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

If the dealer can't handle keeping the paperwork straight why would you want them wrenching on your new ride? Another school of thought. Drive your Jeep stock for a few hundred miles to insure you don't have any factory defects. If something turns up after your lift is on guess what they will blame the problem on? If it were mine I would buy the Jeep from them and find a reputable shop to do the work if you can't do it.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Madjax; silverbolt is exactly right; if that stealership is this screwed up and you haven't even driven your Jeep yet you'd be crazy to deal with them any more; Jeeps are all over the country; get the TL discount or better if you can and then take it to a good shop that will stand behind their work.
If you stay with that stealership the rest of us need to start a pool on how long until your next post about problems with what they did.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SilverBolt
If the dealer can't handle keeping the paperwork straight why would you want them wrenching on your new ride? Another school of thought. Drive your Jeep stock for a few hundred miles to insure you don't have any factory defects. If something turns up after your lift is on guess what they will blame the problem on? If it were mine I would buy the Jeep from them and find a reputable shop to do the work if you can't do it.
That's a great point!!! I appreciate it. That's exactly what I am going to do. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rlew0083
I see them all over the lots here in Alabama.
It must be geographic. They can't keep Rubicons on the lots out here. Add leather, 4.10 gears, and the 730N, and it's even harder. I took me 7 months to place an order, and I was at numerous dealerships every spare second I had.

Quick Reply: The nightmare continues.........