Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No love for the JK

Old 03-24-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No love for the JK

There are several threads about some jeep people hating on the JK, but what about regular, non jeep people. I don't know, but to me, whenever I see a JK, I just stare. But I barely see anyone do the same. I mean, I can be parked and sitting in the jeep and everyone that walks by doesn't even give the JK a second look. I understand if the person isn't a "car" or jeep person, but the Wrangler is an icon, and the JK just stands out and demands attention IMO. I read of people on here getting compliments and stares, and I barely get nothing. Perhaps I'm just blind and don't see all the people drooling as I drive by or I'm just expecting everyone to be obssessed with the JK like myself Anyway, do any of you feel the same as I do?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Just tell them
Old 03-24-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My JK gets full stares parked or driving. It is really dicey at times on the freeway the way people stare at my JK and not pay attention to traffic. I guess I am getting the opposite reaction than you are. This area is thick with wranglers anyway, but my JK gets a ton of attention from all kinds of people.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe I live in a more gangsta area, where bling is what looks good?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I get alot of looks, thumbs ups, questions, comments and an occasional picture taker.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I am reading this, sme guy in a modded up CJ just stopped and was checking out the JK..drove off before I got out the door. I get lots of people making comments and just checking it out in general
Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

We get alot of looks. But I think we got more when we first got it. Maybe because there werent that many 4drs around. And now I have noticed we get alot more looks and waves from other Jeepers since we added the winch.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepgreensahara
There are several threads about some jeep people hating on the JK, but what about regular, non jeep people. I don't know, but to me, whenever I see a JK, I just stare. But I barely see anyone do the same. I mean, I can be parked and sitting in the jeep and everyone that walks by doesn't even give the JK a second look. I understand if the person isn't a "car" or jeep person, but the Wrangler is an icon, and the JK just stands out and demands attention IMO. I read of people on here getting compliments and stares, and I barely get nothing. Perhaps I'm just blind and don't see all the people drooling as I drive by or I'm just expecting everyone to be obssessed with the JK like myself Anyway, do any of you feel the same as I do?
TAKE YOUR DOOS OFF! people will be runing red lights because they are not looking at the road, but at your Jeep!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I am always catching people looking. My 4 year old asked me the other day why people are always looking at us. I just told him his dad is handsome.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
TAKE YOUR DOOS OFF! people will be runing red lights because they are not looking at the road, but at your Jeep!
haha yeah. I don't know about taking the doors off in the city. Too much of a hassle for just one day or whatever IMO. Maybe worth it for the trail, but not the city. But, I do see your point! I guess when I drive it with the top down this spring, people's reactions will be totaly different.

Quick Reply: No love for the JK