JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   No problem's (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/no-problems-2852/)

Rubidon 02-04-2007 06:15 AM

No problem's

After reading about all the issues people are having with their JK's I find my self waiting for something to go wrong:confused: Anyone else have a JK with no issues ? Peeling paint, missing paint, Stalling, need to re flash, leaking top, and so on.............. Did I get Lucky ?

fraynes1 02-04-2007 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rubidon (Post 26756)
After reading about all the issues people are having with their JK's I find my self waiting for something to go wrong:confused: Anyone else have a JK with no issues ? Peeling paint, missing paint, Stalling, need to re flash, leaking top, and so on.............. Did I get Lucky ?

I haven't experienced any major problems, the day I picked mine up from dealer, made it 13 blocks and returned and got computer reflashed for radio cutting out.

Depends on how I put freedom top on whether it leaks or not. But do have quite a whistling sound around 45 mph.

Other than that no major problems. I think that right now most of the stuff is negative instead of positive as everyone is looking for stuff. I love it though.

FreeWheelin1961 02-04-2007 07:24 AM

I only recieved my "baby" last wednesday and no problems so far.
And yes, I too am waiting for something to go wrong.
Hopefully most bugs were taken care of with the earlier models.

Rubidon 02-04-2007 08:00 AM

Hopefully most bugs were taken care of with the earlier models.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not mine is an earlier model...........got it in October. Build date was 10-14-2006.

biglynny 02-04-2007 08:17 AM

So far so good

We're having zero issues with our JK. It had a leaky roof which appears to be fixed now after we followed the instructions on proper install procedures.

dsy 02-04-2007 08:19 AM

I got my rubicon Oct 4th the day DCX released them. I have not had one problem with mine. Other than the drivers door sticking out a little bit at the bottom. Twenty min in the body shop for a striker plate adjustment and it was perfect. I read about problems people are having and I appreciate the postings so I can watch out for potential troubles, but so far not one issue here. I did get the flash update as soon as that was out also.

Rubidon 02-04-2007 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by dsy (Post 26800)
I got my rubicon Oct 4th the day DCX released them. I have not had one problem with mine. Other than the drivers door sticking out a little bit at the bottom. Twenty min in the body shop for a striker plate adjustment and it was perfect. I read about problems people are having and I appreciate the postings so I can watch out for potential troubles, but so far not one issue here. I did get the flash update as soon as that was out also.

After you got the flash done did you notice any improvement? and if so what was it. I hear the shift points get better but my shift points seem ok, that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement thou.

HEK 02-04-2007 06:25 PM

well I thought I had no issues up until the battery light came on (thanks GOD)....after that I had the Rubi software upgraded and now it seems that I have a V8.......before I thought that being a JEEP it was the gearing that made it "sluggish" but now I know I have a V6 under the hood.....:D and the best thing is that I can hear the CAI work as it was meant to be....zoom zoom...:yup:

Patriot 02-05-2007 07:16 AM

My Rubicon Unlimited with a build date of Jan. 9 is tight and well-screwed with no squeaks, rattles or any other untoward noises. I am very, very pleased with everything.

Patriot

KDW 02-05-2007 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by dsy (Post 26800)

DSY- my drivers door is the same way. Was this covered under warranty? Was the work performed by the dealer or an independent shop? I did not notice this until a few weeks after purchase. Now my eyes are drawn to it everytime I climb in. Other than that, I have not had any problems with th JK.