Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No problem's

Old 02-04-2007, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No problem's

After reading about all the issues people are having with their JK's I find my self waiting for something to go wrong:confused: Anyone else have a JK with no issues ? Peeling paint, missing paint, Stalling, need to re flash, leaking top, and so on.............. Did I get Lucky ?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubidon
After reading about all the issues people are having with their JK's I find my self waiting for something to go wrong:confused: Anyone else have a JK with no issues ? Peeling paint, missing paint, Stalling, need to re flash, leaking top, and so on.............. Did I get Lucky ?

I haven't experienced any major problems, the day I picked mine up from dealer, made it 13 blocks and returned and got computer reflashed for radio cutting out.

Depends on how I put freedom top on whether it leaks or not. But do have quite a whistling sound around 45 mph.

Other than that no major problems. I think that right now most of the stuff is negative instead of positive as everyone is looking for stuff. I love it though.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

I only recieved my "baby" last wednesday and no problems so far.
And yes, I too am waiting for something to go wrong.
Hopefully most bugs were taken care of with the earlier models.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Hopefully most bugs were taken care of with the earlier models.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not mine is an earlier model...........got it in October. Build date was 10-14-2006.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Default So far so good

We're having zero issues with our JK. It had a leaky roof which appears to be fixed now after we followed the instructions on proper install procedures.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:19 AM
dsy
JK Freak

I got my rubicon Oct 4th the day DCX released them. I have not had one problem with mine. Other than the drivers door sticking out a little bit at the bottom. Twenty min in the body shop for a striker plate adjustment and it was perfect. I read about problems people are having and I appreciate the postings so I can watch out for potential troubles, but so far not one issue here. I did get the flash update as soon as that was out also.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dsy
I got my rubicon Oct 4th the day DCX released them. I have not had one problem with mine. Other than the drivers door sticking out a little bit at the bottom. Twenty min in the body shop for a striker plate adjustment and it was perfect. I read about problems people are having and I appreciate the postings so I can watch out for potential troubles, but so far not one issue here. I did get the flash update as soon as that was out also.
After you got the flash done did you notice any improvement? and if so what was it. I hear the shift points get better but my shift points seem ok, that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement thou.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:25 PM
HEK
JK Freak

well I thought I had no issues up until the battery light came on (thanks GOD)....after that I had the Rubi software upgraded and now it seems that I have a V8.......before I thought that being a JEEP it was the gearing that made it "sluggish" but now I know I have a V6 under the hood..... and the best thing is that I can hear the CAI work as it was meant to be....zoom zoom...
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

My Rubicon Unlimited with a build date of Jan. 9 is tight and well-screwed with no squeaks, rattles or any other untoward noises. I am very, very pleased with everything.

Patriot
Old 02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
KDW
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dsy
DSY- my drivers door is the same way. Was this covered under warranty? Was the work performed by the dealer or an independent shop? I did not notice this until a few weeks after purchase. Now my eyes are drawn to it everytime I climb in. Other than that, I have not had any problems with th JK.

Quick Reply: No problem's