JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Noisy sound in my jeep (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/noisy-sound-my-jeep-349209/)

Aws Yousef 02-01-2019 08:16 AM

Noisy sound in my jeep

1 Attachment(s)
hi guys

i bought my jeep 2 months ago and it is only 3000KM

These days I heard noisy sound from the front of my car
at variable speeds over 70KM/H it’s coming from outside
i have checked the hood latches and its good I don’t know what is the problem

i will attach the video

can anyone help me please

thank you

resharp001 02-01-2019 08:43 AM

It's really hard to tell from that video. That could be just about anything from a loose bolt to something as simple as a rattling heat shield. It's going to take a little more narrowing down when it happens, under what circumstances, if you can create it at will. I mean, if it were me, I'd be going over all torque specs, getting underneath it and trying to move all heat shields by hand trying to reproduce a rattle. You have to do some thorough inspecting and prodding to find these things. If you can narrow down things like....is it rotational (does it change with speed), what area is it coming from? is it only at certain speeds, or only when turning or going straight?

Aws Yousef 02-01-2019 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by resharp001 (Post 4335362)
It's really hard to tell from that video. That could be just about anything from a loose bolt to something as simple as a rattling heat shield. It's going to take a little more narrowing down when it happens, under what circumstances, if you can create it at will. I mean, if it were me, I'd be going over all torque specs, getting underneath it and trying to move all heat shields by hand trying to reproduce a rattle. You have to do some thorough inspecting and prodding to find these things. If you can narrow down things like....is it rotational (does it change with speed), what area is it coming from? is it only at certain speeds, or only when turning or going straight?

Hi brother , thank you for your reply

I can hear this sound over 40-50 kph if it’s windy
and over 70+Kph in normal day and no certain speeds if i go any higher speed i can hear the sound , also it seems something loose .

i checked the heat shields and all of them were good .

its occurr on highways or if I drive on wide streets

*i took my car to the dealer and I’m waiting for the result because it is still under warranty.

thank u

resharp001 02-01-2019 10:08 AM

Is that bone stock still, or have you lifted it? If it's stock, and nobody has been messing with bolts, I have to think this might be something as simple as a loose heat shield that the wind is causing to tap against something else. You're not likely to have any bad components on that new of a jeep I suppose. Please followup if the dealership finds the culprit. Hopefully they don't pull the typical "well, we were unable to produce the sound you're describing".

Also, take a minute and fill out few more details in your profile. At the very least JK or JKU, transmission, and any suspension/steering mods if anything, or note "factory" for those. It is helpful for people that dig in looking for those specs when trying to help out. Welcome to the Forum by the way. Lot's of good info on here, specially for newer owners.

Aws Yousef 02-01-2019 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by resharp001 (Post 4335371)
Is that bone stock still, or have you lifted it? If it's stock, and nobody has been messing with bolts, I have to think this might be something as simple as a loose heat shield that the wind is causing to tap against something else. You're not likely to have any bad components on that new of a jeep I suppose. Please followup if the dealership finds the culprit. Hopefully they don't pull the typical "well, we were unable to produce the sound you're describing".

Also, take a minute and fill out few more details in your profile. At the very least JK or JKU, transmission, and any suspension/steering mods if anything, or note "factory" for those. It is helpful for people that dig in looking for those specs when trying to help out. Welcome to the Forum by the way. Lot's of good info on here, specially for newer owners.

oh brother

it’s still stock , i just bought it before two months .
and sure if there is any update I’ll update .

Jks
Right now i will update my profile

Rednroll 02-01-2019 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aws Yousef (Post 4335369)

Hi brother , thank you for your reply

I can hear this sound over 40-50 kph if it’s windy
and over 70+Kph in normal day and no certain speeds if i go any higher speed i can hear the sound , also it seems something loose .

i checked the heat shields and all of them were good .

its occurr on highways or if I drive on wide streets

*i took my car to the dealer and I’m waiting for the result because it is still under warranty.

thank u

Some have experienced "hood flutter" where the side hood latches have broken and their hood has flown up into their face on windy days.
https://image.ibb.co/iSmDg7/hood_flutter.jpg

Check to make certain your hood safety latch is properly aligned and tightened and that it is holding the hood down without the side latches locked down.

rob_engineer 02-02-2019 08:59 AM

I would check the plastic air dam. Check to see if it is secure.