Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

NORTH RIDGE saying I can't return bumper after 4 hours of buying it ? ADVISE?

Old 02-25-2017, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NORTH RIDGE saying I can't return bumper after 4 hours of buying it ? ADVISE?

First I want to make it clear this is not a blast , just looking for advise bon what steps to take, i know this is a reputable company and although i don't know him , i hear dave is great

Yesterday I purchased a poison spyder brawler lite front bumper and skid for about 950 or so . 3 hours later someone put same bumper / skid on CL for $500 . I called NR and they said its too late and I would have to pay $170 to ship back because it shipped . I know its not there fault but $170 , thats a little much and ridiculous in my opinion. Literally 3 hours !!!
Id rather save $450 and I'm headed to buy the other bumper but theres got to be something . I tried reaching out to sales and customer care but they said nothing can be done

Does it really cost $170 to ship a bumper and skid from FL to Kentucky
Old 02-25-2017, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chaznad
First I want to make it clear this is not a blast , just looking for advise bon what steps to take, i know this is a reputable company and although i don't know him , i hear dave is great Yesterday I purchased a poison spyder brawler lite front bumper and skid for about 950 or so . 3 hours later someone put same bumper / skid on CL for $500 . I called NR and they said its too late and I would have to pay $170 to ship back because it shipped . I know its not there fault but $170 , thats a little much and ridiculous in my opinion. Literally 3 hours !!! Id rather save $450 and I'm headed to buy the other bumper but theres got to be something . I tried reaching out to sales and customer care but they said nothing can be done Does it really cost $170 to ship a bumper and skid from FL to Kentucky
Yes, it really does cost that much. The weight is what costs so much. You might be able to work something out with the shipping company since the package most likely has not moved very far yet.
You ordered it and just because the shop was very efficient and got it shipped the same day you are now complaining since you want to return it. I give credit to NR for getting your order processed so quickly, wish my shipping department would work that fast!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Hrm... so the weight and dimensions I'm sure are what's at play.

That said, perhaps you can wait for delivery, and then ship it back on your dime and find out?
Old 02-25-2017, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Couple of things....

1 - Sounds like they aren't saying you cant return it....you can but will have to pay shipping. Very fair business practice.

2 - Yes it costs a lot to ship bumpers. In fact the shipping quote they gave you is actually cheaper than what you would pay if you walked into a UPS or FedEx and tried shipping it yourself. Go to ups or fedex's website and do a quote. That bumper and skid combined have a shipping weight of over 100 lbs. Factor in the size of the boxes they come in and you will find your price to ship them will probably be double what you were quoted.

You say you're not bashing NR but everything about this post seems like a bash to me.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you gat outstanding service from Northridge. Wait till it is delivered and ship it back like what was said above. If it is less, you score, if it is more, well.........
Old 02-25-2017, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Advertise it for $100 less than what you paid and see if you can sell it instead of $170 to ship.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember, that $170 is covering shipping both ways or they just paid money on a no-sale. It isn't fair to them to expect them to cover shipping to you and back because you found a better deal.

Find a buyer willing to save a hundred bucks or pay the &170 (still getting your Craig's List buy for less and still saving $$) to return it.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

look on the bright side even eating the $170 you are saving a chunk of change. One of the reason I love ordering from NR is they have very quick shipping and most things in stock or they drop ship.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, like everyone else has said, it really costs that much.

Most of the places out there do offer "free shipping" on certain size orders, but it's really a loss leader. They'll pay for shipping, but they make it up in volume. Some don't because they feel it's misleading - Ace Engineering, for example. Ace doesn't offer free shipping. You'd probably pay $150 or more to have a bumper shipped from them. Go to their site and you can see for yourself.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Call Northridge and simply tell them the truth. Tell them you found it much cheaper elsewhere and you want them to price match and see what they say. I bet they would be willing to work with you. If they don't help you in any way, then come here and bitch !

Quick Reply: NORTH RIDGE saying I can't return bumper after 4 hours of buying it ? ADVISE?