Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Not a day goes by where.......

Old 12-06-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyj
This is my 3rd Jeep, and absolutely by far my favorite. I bought my first car, a Bronco II, when I was 18, got my TJ when I was 22, WK when I was 24, and the JK when I was 28. Some of it could be maturity (still pretty young though) but I don't have "car envy" anymore at all. Every other vehicle I owned, I liked it but I wanted, or at the very least would have accepted, another vehicle. I don't feel like that at ALL with the JK. Even the WK as my first new car I could have traded in after a few months had the price consequence not been so high. As far as feeling like a "badass", I can not say that I do. Ultimately it is just a vehicle, but it fits everything I want and at this point anything I could ever see that I would want. I don't want to trade it in, I don't want to sell it, I don't want it to die.

So, although I can't say it makes me feel like a badass, I can give it the best compliment I feel I could ever give a vehicle - I feel 100% content with it. I could be driving this same Jeep in 10 years and it wouldn't feel like sacrifice or a punishment. I almost feel embarrassed for saying it, but unlike my previous vehicles I am worried that at some point this vehicle will simply wear out and die and I don't want that. Every other vehicle I have owned was happily traded in or sold, without remorse and I knew that a month after I had been driving it. Close to two years and 40,000 miles driving this one and it still makes me smile every time I drive it. I still look at it after I park and smile. I have the "new car" feeling I had on the first week I bought every other car, two years after the fact. I have never purchased anything I have been so content with. Every other vehicle I have driven, from a Mercedes to a Chevy sedan, even another JK rental, is unlike before when I would think about what was nicer about or worse about it than my car, now I just think "I wish I could just be driving MY JK right now".

So again, no "badass" feeling here - but I think that total contentment and some sort of feeling of faithfulness is the ultimate compliment that I could ever pay a vehicle, and I think the JK deserves it.

Quick Reply: Not a day goes by where.......