Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Nothing says America like MADE IN CHINA

Old 08-22-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Mr. President.....
Old 08-22-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by El Dorado
Thank you Mr. President.....
Since American manufacturing and exports are at a historical high, he says "you're welcome, El Dorado."
Old 08-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Former Member

Rubber boots going on feet now.........
Old 08-22-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jk_sea

Since American manufacturing and exports are at a historical high, he says "you're welcome, El Dorado."
Yeah....liberal policies made Detroit what it is today.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Thank cut throat capitalizim.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Former Member

Grabbing for hip waders......
Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rays0852
Yeah....liberal policies made Detroit what it is today.
Yep, and you're still driving a Jeep!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
A lot of parts in our JKs are Chinese made . Like your alloy rims? Look at that made in China on them. The list goes on and on. Iconic Brand ? Like the title of this thread says . .
Just for the record, the American content of each Jeep sold is specified on the window sticker. I think it was somewhere near 80% for my 2007.

And, one of the really great things about the Jeep aftermarket is the abundance of American-made products. Great stuff that keeps our county strong and strengthens our working class. Yet, there are plenty of Jeep owners running cheap, Chinese-made brands. What's really disgusting is when an American company spent its resources to come up with the design, then a Chinese company copies and sells it. I'll cite the AEV snorkel as an example of that. Or that Chinese company abuses the American company's name by virtually copying it. I'll cite Tough Stuff as a great American brand that has another company selling similar, Chinese-made products with the same name, different spelling. These companies are in business because Americans choose to buy their products.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt Mack
That's what they say now....until they realize its cheaper and less taxing......
We are seeing the beginnings of American production actually moving back to the U.S. American companies are starting to realize the problems with having engineering here (it almost always is), but manufacturing overseas. You could turn out to be right, but I seriously doubt it.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Just for the record, the American content of each Jeep sold is specified on the window sticker. I think it was somewhere near 80% for my 2007.

And, one of the really great things about the Jeep aftermarket is the abundance of American-made products. Great stuff that keeps our county strong and strengthens our working class. Yet, there are plenty of Jeep owners running cheap, Chinese-made brands. What's really disgusting is when an American company spent its resources to come up with the design, then a Chinese company copies and sells it. I'll cite the AEV snorkel as an example of that. Or that Chinese company abuses the American company's name by virtually copying it. I'll cite Tough Stuff as a great American brand that has another company selling similar, Chinese-made products with the same name, different spelling. These companies are in business because Americans choose to buy their products.
Very true. And these Chinese knockoffs sell because they are cheap, and people are all about saving money. But, these products are also very cheaply made. This argument can go on forever, but imo the Chinese knockoffs are junk, and buying them insures China is becoming the most powerful country in the world, and we are feeding them. I always try and buy American, if the product is available. I would personally rather spend more knowing we are feeding our own people. My $.02

Quick Reply: Nothing says America like MADE IN CHINA