Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Now what? Goodyear MTR's on backorder...

Old 04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now what? Goodyear MTR's on backorder...

I went to order the 35's for my recently lifted Unlimited. I do mostly mall crawling (insert bashing here) and want something that rides a little better than an aggressive trail only tire.

What do you guys recommend?

Signed,

Liftedandtireless
Old 04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Discount Tire told me there was a 60 day wait on the MTRs a few weeks ago and recommended the Nitto Trail Grapplers as a comparable tire. I am very happy with the new tires. Not as loud as the Mud Grapplers with just a little hum that you can notice with the top off. They run very smooth for a MT tire also.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Back when I was getting mine lifted (last year) those tires were still new and I couldnt find anyone that had them in stock as with the rims I wanted. Ended up with another choice. Now I see them on a lot of Jeeps. Even the local dealer is putting them on custom new Jeeps. Seems like they make a batch and then lay low to see what size sells and then ramp up again on production. As for tire choices, there is so many out there, good luck.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by boost addict
I went to order the 35's for my recently lifted Unlimited. I do mostly mall crawling (insert bashing here) and want something that rides a little better than an aggressive trail only tire.

What do you guys recommend?

Signed,

Liftedandtireless
I had BFG All Terrains on my last truck and was not disappointed. They will last longer than an MT on the street, if that's mostly where you'll be driving. Just don't do to much mudding in them, they suck for that, but are pretty alright elsewhere. My

Last edited by Flagjeep; 04-04-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys!

Keep the advice coming.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

From what you've described of your driving habits a set of 315/70-17 Goodyear Duratracs may be more suited for you. Very good at road, still have an aggressive look and not bad with the mud either. But like the others said, there are tons of choices and you may want to do a search. Lots of discussions here on the topic.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Good things are in store for those that wait. MTR kev's are generations ahead of the older versions. My new spare is coming within a week. It took a month and a half. Remember the tires you buy will be on your rig for a while.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Junkie

I'm sitting patiently waiting for the MTR-K's I don't want to settle for anything else.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

I ran the ProComp Xtreme A/Ts for about 20K. They were very good on and off-road.

I'm now running the MT/R w/Kevlar. I ordered them on black Friday last year and had them December 22nd. So far, I love these tires.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on the BF Goodrich A/T KO's, I had these on my YJ and they are great on the road and they also do very well offroad.

Quick Reply: Now what? Goodyear MTR's on backorder...