Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The NuKizer 715 - Now this is what I call a REAL Jeep Truck!!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up The NuKizer 715 - Now this is what I call a REAL Jeep Truck!!

I don't know about any of you but as much as I liked the Gladiator, the JT, the J8 or any of the other JK like trucks that have come out over the past few years, the one thing that always bugged me about them is that ultimately, they were in effect - just another JK with a pick-up bed thrown on the back. Not that there's anything wrong with that per se, I've just been wanting to see Jeep come out with something that was more truck than JK Wrangler and fortuantely, in Moab, they did just that. Thanks to the awesome work of Mark Allen, the Mopar Underground released what they call, the NuKizer 715 at this year's Moab Easter Jeep Safari.

Without a doubt, the NuKizer 715 is by far one of the most beautiful concept trucks that has come out of the Mopar Underground to date and from what everyone I've talked to loves so much about it is, even though it's built on a J8 platform, it looks and feels like a unique truck through and through and is not just another JK hacked up to look like a truck....

If you love this truck as much as I do, be sure to click on the link below and become a fan. With any luck, we can convince Jeep to make this thing

NuKizer 715 Facebook Fanpage

Last edited by wayoflife; 04-13-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if they use a steel grill from a J10 or just built that one? it is steel..

I'll take one!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I wonder if they use a steel grill from a J10 or just built that one? it is steel..

I'll take one!!!
actually, it's a custom carbon fiber grill
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

really? it felt like steel,

what engine was in that again?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
really? it felt like steel,

what engine was in that again?
yeah, it really did feel like steel to me too but, from what i was told, it was carbon fiber.

regarding the engine, it has a 2.8L 4-cylinder VM Motori Turbo-Diesel Motor. i'm pretty sure this is what comes standard in the J8. depending on who you talk to, this motor ain't nothing to write home about but, if the NuKizer ever went into production, i would hope this is something that would be revisited.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:39 AM
LVE
JK Enthusiast

That is BADAZZ!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

I've never been much of a truck guy(just love Jeeps), but the older Power Wagons and Kaisers have appealed to me a little more every year.

That said, the Nukizer is awesome and enough like a Jeep to make me want one if ever produced.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad Jeep doesnt make something like this... the Raider ST is pretty bad ass too!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
yeah, it really did feel like steel to me too but, from what i was told, it was carbon fiber.

regarding the engine, it has a 2.8L 4-cylinder VM Motori Turbo-Diesel Motor. i'm pretty sure this is what comes standard in the J8. depending on who you talk to, this motor ain't nothing to write home about but, if the NuKizer ever went into production, i would hope this is something that would be revisited.
I have always wondered why Chrysler didn't take the Cummins and just downsize it to a 4 cylinder. I would have to think that would be one kick ass engine.

Actually, I think Cummins already makes an I4 I just wonder why Chrysler has never put it anything . . .

Last edited by Locklain; 04-13-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do I sign up???? I love it. Why don't they give us that and a diesel option. turds.

Originally Posted by Locklain
I have always wondered why Chrysler didn't take the Cummins and just downsize it to a 4 cylinder. I would have to think that would be one kick ass engine.

Actually, I think Cummins already makes an I4 I just wonder why Chrysler has never put it anything . . .
Cummins built a 4cyl that has been used in many Jeep swaps actually. It is very popular because of the simple one wire hook up. It is called the 4BT. Not a lot of ponies, but gets great MPG and has plenty of torque. Id run it if I could.

Quick Reply: The NuKizer 715 - Now this is what I call a REAL Jeep Truck!!