Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Was Offroad Logic at SEMA?

Old 11-04-2007, 10:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

They were there but we choose not to cover them due to the questionable business practices that I have seen from them.

As far as KargoMaster goes, I actually think the way it angles back in the rear looks good and especially so when the top is off...

As far as how to mount it up right to the bumper goes, this is what they did for the TeraFlex bumper...

To see more pics, click on the link below...

http://project-jk.com/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=45950

Old 11-04-2007, 10:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
As far as how to mount it up right to the bumper goes, this is what they did for the TeraFlex bumper...
Ah ha! Very nice! Those racks are sweet.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering if I can use the rack, not with basket. and Attach Ski and snowboard racks to it...

I also like the no hole drilling feature, I would be taking it off every spring..

The racks/cages dont last on the trails around here. To many low trees branches, to many trees, to many viens that would get caught and rip it apart.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I'm wondering if I can use the rack, not with basket. and Attach Ski and snowboard racks to it...

I also like the no hole drilling feature, I would be taking it off every spring..

The racks/cages dont last on the trails around here. To many low trees branches, to many trees, to many viens that would get caught and rip it apart.
Yes they have adapters for the Yakima bars... The Cage and Basket are sold separate.
http://www.kargomaster.com/item.asp?id=94

Last edited by Robar; 11-04-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Please dont post direct non sponsor links.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

So I think I'm going to go with the KargoMaster Congo Cage... Then add the Yakima Basket... That way I can use my snowboard/bike attachments. I hope I can get them sooner than by the end of the year though as I need them now.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

I too have been waiting for something like this from Kargo Master. I don't like the idea of drilling holes in a brand new vehicle.

But being new to Jeeps with no previous experience in this type of rack, would there be any problems in structural rigidity when mounting to a bumper. I mean, a bumper doesn't actually move when wheeling or anything does it? Also, seems like maybe the plastic bumper might bend or give a little with all that weight (rack + cargo). Probably amateur questions, but any thoughts?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wolverine_man
I too have been waiting for something like this from Kargo Master. I don't like the idea of drilling holes in a brand new vehicle.

But being new to Jeeps with no previous experience in this type of rack, would there be any problems in structural rigidity when mounting to a bumper. I mean, a bumper doesn't actually move when wheeling or anything does it? Also, seems like maybe the plastic bumper might bend or give a little with all that weight (rack + cargo). Probably amateur questions, but any thoughts?
They only mounted it to the bumper for the teraflex bumper... For the stock bumper it connects to the frame... it looks like it connects to the bumper, but it doesn't. When installing it looks like you remove the rear bumper then the Congo cage has a bracket that mounts to the frame. It is shaped to fit between the bumper and body when you reinstall the bumper. Here is a picture of the mounting bracket. Note that is uses existing holes in the frame (very Nice!):

and here is a picture from the outside:
Old 11-05-2007, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

Wink good...

I was about to say, if they mount it to a plastic bumper..... glad they didn't looks like a very nice rack.... and I think we can all appriciate a nice rack
Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

Great pics!!! Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Newbie

So this is my response from KargoMaster:
"Hello and thank you for your interest in Kargo Master. Currently we are
working on making a fit for the 2007 Jeep 2 door and 4 doors. At this time
the application is still being test fitted and modifications are being
completed. We hope to have the outfit ready by the first or second week of
January 2008. Once it is ready, the Kargo Master web site will be updated."

Quick Reply: Was Offroad Logic at SEMA?