Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

oh no not "Ding!" again - anyone else get "Ding!'d" daily?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default oh no not "Ding!" again - anyone else get "Ding!'d" daily?

ok so here it is my new 2008 wrangler X.. I ordered it and got it back in december.. the 28th to be exact... shiny and new.. my 5th such Jeep wrangler... 1st JK of course.. had it for a week and "Ding!" from the dash.. and a pretty little gold light... so I taker it in and they say its some sensor that had to do with air intake temp.... coolio... 3 months later.. "ding!" take it in.. 'we dont know what it is.. false SES light"... "Ding!" before I even leave the parking lot.. keep it over night... dont know what it is but they replace some sensor for heck of it... yeah there it is the next morning.. "Ding!" ok so really this is my jeep im not looking to catch a flight on southwest airlines... 2 more trips to the shop and associated dings and they replace cam sensor.... ahh so good till late July... "Ding!" oh and anew message 'gascap'.. but its tight. ahh and alas also no A/C at a stop light.. ok now we are hitting home - this boy dont do the no A/C thing... in the shop - cooling fan, module and wiring burned up...... yeah get it back "Ding!" back to the shop.. "large evap leak" but they find new leak - stick a gascap on it and go.... yeah "Ding!" and 'gascap' again.. gosh im gettin tired of this.... back in.. cant figure it out - replace some other doo-hickey sensor... great! 2 days till "Ding!" again... yeaaaaw.. oh and they turn me away saturday saying no techs available... yeah they want paid repairs of oil changes for the holiday..... back today.. they say 'no idea on the evap but guess what your cooling fan isnt coming on so we ordered a new fuse block.. should be here in a week... oh and we arent giving you a car to drive because you didnt buy that coverage....' alas oh so my $28000 jeep doesnt qualify for that coverage........ so at least I know i will go a week now with no 'Ding!' since the jeep is gone that long......

am I the only one with electrical gremlins in a JK with less than 10k miles?
-Christopher
Old 09-02-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

22k miles no problems so far. (knock on wood)
Old 09-02-2008, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can't you lemon law it?
You've had it in there enough!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lemon it. Enough is enough.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hellbound13

X's 2..............
Old 09-02-2008, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

X3 - I'm not usually one to take the easy way out, but this is a case for Lemon Law. I've put 17500 miles on mine in < 6 months and not a single problem. Make 'em give you a new one so that you don't have to go back either!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

X's 3. Get rid of it already and "ding" get a new one.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well im glad that this appears to be isolated... funny thing i *dont* have the usual JK issues ive see nwritten on here... my soft top is tight and dr yas can be... my 6 speed shifts nice and smooth, my TPMS doesnt go off unexpectedly.. my Sound system works like a champ.. my fog lights have never burnt out and I use them day and night.. my keyless remotes never lose sync.. and I only ever so often hear the clunk in the driver door (oh maybe id hear that if i put the doors on once in a while)........ but yeah time to see if chrysler will come to the table on their own or if its law firm time..
-Christopher
Old 09-02-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
well im glad that this appears to be isolated... funny thing i *dont* have the usual JK issues ive see nwritten on here... my soft top is tight and dr yas can be... my 6 speed shifts nice and smooth, my TPMS doesnt go off unexpectedly.. my Sound system works like a champ.. my fog lights have never burnt out and I use them day and night.. my keyless remotes never lose sync.. and I only ever so often hear the clunk in the driver door (oh maybe id hear that if i put the doors on once in a while)........ but yeah time to see if chrysler will come to the table on their own or if its law firm time..
-Christopher
Im in the same boat man, I have a FLAWLESS Wrangler, EXCEPT for my auto trans, the torque converter locks up and shifts like poop. Thats why I was hesitant to lemon it, but have already contacted a lawyer.

Oh, and good luck getting Chrysler to do ANYTHING. Most likely you will speak to an indian guy (mine was called "kevin") who tells you he would love to solve all your problems but can't so he will do nothing instead.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the "ding" today, no lights of course. I had only been driving the JK less than 30 mins this morning and it was 58 degress. I get every once in a while and it's beginning to piss me off. I have a hard time believing it's a tranny temp warning but........

Quick Reply: oh no not "Ding!" again - anyone else get "Ding!'d" daily?