Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OK skibum...only people with red ones!!

Old 06-03-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rupe.. great reading on people moving in and changing thinks..

I think that's what the Indians said when we came ashore the 1st time..!!

We defiantly have that problem here.. Nice little boating & fishing/drinking community.. Now Old Condo commandos running everything here and driving up all the prices.. No service personnel can afford to live here.. Their chasing all the boaters out..IE: no liveaboards..
We are currently having a big fight about anchoring in bays and upsetting some old lady's view from her condo.. Isn't that horrible, you have to look out over the water and see a boat anchored..!!

The city of Marco actually tried to pass a law that you couldn't anchor under 300 ft. from a seawall, and can't stay over 72 hours.. Afraid you might poop in the water and some manatee might choke on it.. !!
AZToad.....
$30.00 or less 12volt tire inflater....air pump...

I don't understand how a 5 yr old could break a toilet in the RV,, Did he put something into it, or broke a valve handle??

What kind of toliet is it??
Old 06-03-2007, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by captsam54
AZToad.....
$30.00 or less 12volt tire inflater....air pump...
Yeah yeah - my wife's car back home has one and I was going to get back to Costco to throw one in the Jeep (looking for battery boost and compressor as we are in tow mode). Timing wasn't on my side this trip - brought the battery charger - the compressor issue didn't go past my mind but rest assured - I will be at Costco by Tuesday morning when we get back in the States to get another one!

I don't understand how a 5 yr old could break a toilet in the RV,, Did he put something into it, or broke a valve handle??

What kind of toliet is it??
Looks like a Thetford Aqua Magic V - he pushed down the pedal and the cable broke high in the back. I was able to feel along the back of the unit (oh yeah - quite pleasant with a full bowl!), find the actuator and flush the unit. However, I could also feel where the cable snapped. Warranty! Our next trip won't be for several weeks so it will head to the shop sometime this week for a new one!

Our kids fortunately have been pretty good - while I say he broke it - it doesn't appear to have been abuse or misuse of any kind - just too much use perhaps but we're still within our first year! The cable snapped - not just pulled out of the stop. Either poor design or a defect.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZToad
Yeah yeah - my wife's car back home has one and I was going to get back to Costco to throw one in the Jeep (looking for battery boost and compressor as we are in tow mode). Timing wasn't on my side this trip - brought the battery charger - the compressor issue didn't go past my mind but rest assured - I will be at Costco by Tuesday morning when we get back in the States to get another one!

Looks like a Thetford Aqua Magic V - he pushed down the pedal and the cable broke high in the back. I was able to feel along the back of the unit (oh yeah - quite pleasant with a full bowl!), find the actuator and flush the unit. However, I could also feel where the cable snapped. Warranty! Our next trip won't be for several weeks so it will head to the shop sometime this week for a new one!

Our kids fortunately have been pretty good - while I say he broke it - it doesn't appear to have been abuse or misuse of any kind - just too much use perhaps but we're still within our first year! The cable snapped - not just pulled out of the stop. Either poor design or a defect.
Sounds like you have it all under control..!!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Sounds like you have it all under control..!!

I don't think I'd ever say that I have things under control - but so far it has just been a minor annoyance and we are still having fun!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
Uh yeah I get the general concept. I'm sorry, hate is such a strong word. "Dislike" would have fit much better. I understand where you are coming from. Down here, we have the immigration problem. The Latinos (must be politically correct) come up here illegally and then expect free services. The neighborhoods they form grow a little bit bigger, and bigger, and bigger. I like to call S. Phoenix Little Mexico. Sure they take jobs that many Americans won't, but then they mooch off of the system and get free healthcare, and welfare. I don't mind people waiting to come to America legally. That's what we are, a melting pot. I know there are many people from many different countries that are illegal, but the Latinos make up the vast majority of illegal immigrants. UGHHHHHHH!!!! Don't get me started.
We have the same problem up here too. Everyone uses up the free stuff that is suppose to go to U.S. citizens. It isn't fair, it is our tax money that pays for all this and the government is giving it to non citizens. If they become cits. then sure they they can have the free stuff but not until. IMHO !!!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rupedog
We have the same problem up here too. Everyone uses up the free stuff that is suppose to go to U.S. citizens. It isn't fair, it is our tax money that pays for all this and the government is giving it to non citizens. If they become cits. then sure they they can have the free stuff but not until. IMHO !!!!!
...and if anything were to happen to us down here (God forbid) - we'd be doing everything imaginable to get back north across the border!

Although meds are cheaper down here!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AZToad
...and if anything were to happen to us down here (God forbid) - we'd be doing everything imaginable to get back north across the border!

Although meds are cheaper down here!
Well load up and bring them home!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Doesn't everyone dislike Californians??? I only put up with them here cause they drive JK's....!!! so...... they can't be all bad.. IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/captsam54/taz.gif[/IMG]
Hey now....

I am a California girl...

Old 06-04-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
I don't hate Californians. The only problem I have with them is the fact they drive soooo slowwwww. At least that's the way it looks when they are over here.
Hey - we aren't all slowpokes...

Espescially in my last car, I was known on Foresthill road as the speed demon...

The JK doesn't really have a lot of giddeup- so I was forced to slow down somewhat
Old 06-04-2007, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
Hey now....

I am a California girl...

Quick Reply: OK skibum...only people with red ones!!