Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ok, so I drove the H3 and Fj.....have to say im disapointed.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ok, so I drove the H3 and Fj.....have to say im disapointed.

I went today with one of my friends to check out the H3 and FJ. I have my heart set on the Rubicon 4 door, but thought what the heck, I'll take em for a spin. So we are at the Hummer Dealer, and I ask to drive on in a 5 speed. he grabs the keys, and I take it for a spin. I have to say that first lagged greatly, and acted as if it was underpowered. Once I got to second and third things started picking up a bit,and got better. Once we got back to the dealership he asked if I would like to see what it would on the test track. So he drove it on that, and some of the stuff looks really challenging, he even admitted to owning an 05 TJ Rubicon,and it gave him some trouble on the track, but made it through. The H3 tucked the tires really well and did an ok job. On and scale of 1-10 I would give a 5.5 maybe.

On to the FJ.

The FJ had better accleration, but IMO is just ugly. I felt cramped in the back seat, and it had poor visability. two things I cant stand.
Both SUV's are really ''nice'' yet lack in the utiliatarion approach I have when looking for my next vehicle. I like both, but have to say that the JK just beats them all in room, looks, and I have to say acceleration. I know what the tests show, but it seems to me it just had more pep. could be wrong. But one thing I do know is that the JK was just more fun to drive, period.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

That about sums it up, I just cant seem to get the grin off my face every time I drive mine, I guess its a Jeep thing
Old 05-10-2007, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

Exactly - Jeeps are just more FUN.

I can't think of any other vehicle I've owned (or considered owning) that would be so much fun that I'd throw on a winter hat and coat, and drive to work in the morning topless with windows down when it's 40-something degrees outside. Yes, I'm insane, but it's Jeep-induced insanity (aka FUN).

Quick Reply: Ok, so I drove the H3 and Fj.....have to say im disapointed.