Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ok4wd reviews

Old 05-07-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok4wd reviews

Anyone use them to do installations? Lift kits, gearing, etc. I've seen only a couple of posts about them when I did a search.
Thank you.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Jeep has been there once so far...Let me start by saying I do believe in coincidences so I do not directly blame them for anything. About 3 months after I put my lift and control arms in I decided I wanted to get everything fine tuned by a professional place. So I brought the 4DR with a 3.5" lift that had like 8,000 miles on it to make sure my axles were centered and my drive line angles were as close to perfect as possible. About 2-3 hours into it, they bring me in to see my angles and suggest adjusting my front drive line angles. I figure they know what they are doing might as well listen.

Less than a week later, without the Jeep seeing any trail action my front drive shaft boot is torn and leaking. Now with a 3.5" lift it is right at that line of replacing the front shaft but I figured since it had done a couple trails after the lift without tearing I was going to be good for a while. Unfortunately the shaft was having any of that... Coincidence? Possibly but remember that I brought it in to everything centered and fine tuned.

Now because I'm too lazy to do them my self, I am going to bring the Jeep back up there for a second time to get all 4 control arms adjusted again because my front wheels are nowhere near being centered in the wheel wells and when I turn and hit a bump the outside of my tire keeps getting shaved off on the bumper.

So Drive shaft, I'll right off to coincidence but not the centering. Regardless I am going back to give them a second try, only because well they were nice and professional. Why that matters enough to leave my Jeep in their hands again is beyond me, but nonetheless I will go back one more time.

Good Luck to you!
Old 05-08-2011, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. Good luck to you too.
I've heard they have a good reputation and I am looking to have a lift installed. I can't afford to have a screwed up. I don't have the $ or the time to straighten out a poor job.
No disrespect to them at all, I've just been burned before by other companies.
I'll post if I get it done.
The good or the bad.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NJKen
My Jeep has been there once so far...Let me start by saying I do believe in coincidences so I do not directly blame them for anything. About 3 months after I put my lift and control arms in I decided I wanted to get everything fine tuned by a professional place. So I brought the 4DR with a 3.5" lift that had like 8,000 miles on it to make sure my axles were centered and my drive line angles were as close to perfect as possible. About 2-3 hours into it, they bring me in to see my angles and suggest adjusting my front drive line angles. I figure they know what they are doing might as well listen.

Less than a week later, without the Jeep seeing any trail action my front drive shaft boot is torn and leaking. Now with a 3.5" lift it is right at that line of replacing the front shaft but I figured since it had done a couple trails after the lift without tearing I was going to be good for a while. Unfortunately the shaft was having any of that... Coincidence? Possibly but remember that I brought it in to everything centered and fine tuned.

Now because I'm too lazy to do them my self, I am going to bring the Jeep back up there for a second time to get all 4 control arms adjusted again because my front wheels are nowhere near being centered in the wheel wells and when I turn and hit a bump the outside of my tire keeps getting shaved off on the bumper.

So Drive shaft, I'll right off to coincidence but not the centering. Regardless I am going back to give them a second try, only because well they were nice and professional. Why that matters enough to leave my Jeep in their hands again is beyond me, but nonetheless I will go back one more time.

Good Luck to you!
Also, don't feel bad.
I'm in NJ too. Where else can you go that has specific experience with jk's, except dealers in this area? And most dealers won't touch it or it's too expensive.
If you want a Clayton, they aren't too far so it's a no brainer.
But there aren't any other shops around, at least that I know of.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I've used them a bunch of times. They've done good work for me but its full priced to expensive. I wouldn't hesitate going there nor sending anyone there.

Actually my jeep is going back up there for a Currie Anti-Rock & some other work next week. PM Voodoo11 or jd1066 or boots on here for their experiences -you'll get the spectrum.

Here are some more reviews.

There are 2 other options I'd recommend.

I used No Excuses in New Egypt for some work (gears, shafts, etc) and they were solid. Smaller operation then OK but inexpensive. They're a single bay shop and a little old school in comparison to OK. They owner and mechanic were great and the mechanic is a big jeep guy.

The final option that I've only bought parts through (but my buddy had work done at) is Lucas Jeep. Yes its a dealer - but no they don't charge dealer prices. They're a mod friendly dealer and parts pricing was competitive. Track Jamie down for the right answers.

Good luck.

Last edited by m(a)ce; 05-08-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for the response. I appreciate the help, I didn't know Lucas would do lifts. I'm looking at AEV, I will call them but do you think they would do it?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sheepdog
Thank you for the response. I appreciate the help, I didn't know Lucas would do lifts. I'm looking at AEV, I will call them but do you think they would do it?
they do offer AEV - thats where I got my unpainted hood from.

they did a 3.5" AEV for someone I know. email me & I'll put you in touch with him.

Quick Reply: Ok4wd reviews