Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

...... Which one will win, JK manual vs to FJ auto ?

Old 11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JK- its american.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Can't believe...

I can't believe we actually wasted four pages having this discussion.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Well for about a year I was driving a FJ (auto) and my son had a JK (also auto) and his seemed a little quicker because it was lighter but we never raced them as it was pointless since neither of them were fast or quick and not built for it. I traded my FJ on a Grand Cherokee SRT8 and then it was obvious which was faster but we never raced them either. I then traded my GCSRT8 on a GT500KR two weeks ago and now that thing is FAST. Holy crap its scary fast and I'm having a blast with it. Just put on some 20s and put the originals in storage to preserve them as they're rare and valuable. Did you know that you cannot get parts for the Shelby KR unless you own one and you have to send them the damaged part and then and only then will they send you a new part. They don't want folks trying to order the KR parts and create a clone or fake one.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I am so confused right now. Random question. All different responses with different scenarios. This is not how I wanted to end work today: utterly confused.

Uhh...

Drag race: stupid question
Baja: FJ
Rock Crawling: JK
4-wheeling: JK
Hauling: FJ
Ballsiest [drivers]: JK

Why do you want to know this, OP?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PaulW
Well for about a year I was driving a FJ (auto) and my son had a JK (also auto) and his seemed a little quicker because it was lighter but we never raced them as it was pointless since neither of them were fast or quick and not built for it. I traded my FJ on a Grand Cherokee SRT8 and then it was obvious which was faster but we never raced them either. I then traded my GCSRT8 on a GT500KR two weeks ago and now that thing is FAST. Holy crap its scary fast and I'm having a blast with it. Just put on some 20s and put the originals in storage to preserve them as they're rare and valuable. Did you know that you cannot get parts for the Shelby KR unless you own one and you have to send them the damaged part and then and only then will they send you a new part. They don't want folks trying to order the KR parts and create a clone or fake one.
This reminds me of my buddy's z06, it was "stock looking", except for a slight rake, and lower stance, He put in about $20k in perf mods, he use to tape $100 to the dash, and if you could get it on his accel run, it was yours. He ne'er lost that money.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JK 6 speed!............wait, I already posted that in here.
JK 6 SPEED!
maybe I'll have a few more and then maybe I can make more sense of it all. MAYBE.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

I know which would win in a race through Pritchett canyon...who cares about the rest.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

...who cares...pointless thread
Old 11-12-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owned an 07 FJC with the TRD package for over a year and the engine, transmission and performance from a truck that size was very impressive.

I've had my 08 Rubi for over a year now, and without a doubt, the only thing I miss about the FJC is its power.

Off-road the jeep is 10x better, but on road (I hate to admit it) the FJC would smoke my Rubi even with a head start.

Quick Reply: ...... Which one will win, JK manual vs to FJ auto ?