Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Online Retailer Prices - Quadratec

Old 05-25-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Retailer Prices - Quadratec

Hi

I was wondering about this today and wanted to ask it out loud.

Is it me or is Quadratec's prices not the most aggressive?

I keep looking stuff up on their site, but after I factor in shipping, I can easily beat the price at my local dealer by 10+ percent every time.

Ex = Mirror relocation brackets .... Q = $82.98.... D = $60.98

I like their site and wanna give back from using it, but why is anybody higher priced than the dealer?

Seems odd to me

Is it just me?

Who does everybody else use?

Cheers
-wsn
Old 05-25-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Default I will be honest

I use them to find my part, then search for a better price.
They don't seem to be offer the incentives other site offer. I.E. Free Shipping
I use to order from them all the time when I had an 04 TJ
Old 05-25-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you buy from the dealer at MSRP (since that is what Q-tec uses for Mopar parts) you will not have to pay for shipping. Also I regularly get coupons in the mail for 10% off Mopar accessories from my local dealer.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have only ordered once from QT and it was a very unpleasant exp. and I ended up waiting on back ordered part, was damaged in shipping, had to ship back on my coin, then 3 weeks later finally got all my money back. Turned me off big time....
Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff
Generally speaking I think Quadratec is usually more expensive, but not always. I just bought a set of Bilsteins from them for cheaper than Northridge4x4, even taking into consideration Northridge's free shipping. Never hurts to shop around a little.
I 100% agree with shopping around on anything I buy.

As a very long time net shopper, I find it so very odd that their Mopar parts are more than my dealer, and then a bunch more when you add on their shipping fees.

Not trying to bad mouth Quadratec, but if they are reading this, they may wanna consider this.

I am a first time jeep owner, and long time net shopper, who has some disposable income, and I am already aware your not the cheapest game online. The fact that my dealer is LESS is just odd in my net buying experiances.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's certainly worth shopping for, I found my OR-Fab cage for $125 less than other vendors on the net at one place. Well worth it!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
It's certainly worth shopping for, I found my OR-Fab cage for $125 less than other vendors on the net at one place. Well worth it!
Agreed, shopping around is good.

QT even had a nice website, and I don't want it to seem like I don't like them.

I am just in amazemnent they are MORE than my dealership for Mopar parts.

Never have seen a dealership be cheaper than anybody on anything.

It also seems like their shipping prices are a bit high.

They are in PA and I am in NH and just sent some stuff to PA via UPS, and can confirm their fees are high.

My goal is to find the best online exp from other members, and to hope Quadratec sees this and reconsiders their prices or maybe a member discount.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do what I do - browse the "big boy" websites like Quadratec, JCWhitney, 4WD, etc. for parts, and then when you find something you like, GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE.

10 times out of 10 I'll find what I want a HELL of a lot cheaper than those guys. And not just a couple dollars or cheaper shipping; I'm talking huge price differences with sometimes free shipping.

For example, I bought a padded arm rest from a mom-and-pop 4x4 retailer for $34.95 w/ reasonable shipping. The same padded arm rest that JCWhitney sells for $71.99 w/ hiked-up shipping.

Oh, and that same mom-and-pop retailer gave me excellent customer service and $25 off my next order of $100 or more. I'd post the name, but they're not a sponsor and I don't want to get in zeh trubbles.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've bought a ton of stuff from Q. But as of late I've been shopping around and find stuff much cheaper then Q all the time. Either they'll have to come down in price or I imagine their business will slowly crumble
Old 05-26-2010, 10:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SPARTA
Do what I do - browse the "big boy" websites like Quadratec, JCWhitney, 4WD, etc. for parts, and then when you find something you like, GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE.

10 times out of 10 I'll find what I want a HELL of a lot cheaper than those guys. And not just a couple dollars or cheaper shipping; I'm talking huge price differences with sometimes free shipping.

For example, I bought a padded arm rest from a mom-and-pop 4x4 retailer for $34.95 w/ reasonable shipping. The same padded arm rest that JCWhitney sells for $71.99 w/ hiked-up shipping.

Oh, and that same mom-and-pop retailer gave me excellent customer service and $25 off my next order of $100 or more. I'd post the name, but they're not a sponsor and I don't want to get in zeh trubbles.
perhaps you should do a search on the FAQ FAQ FAQ as then you would know what the actual rules are regarding companies that aren't sponsors here instead of spouting off mis-information like you know what you are talking about

Quick Reply: Online Retailer Prices - Quadratec