Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions on a 2012 JK demo purchase...

Old 05-22-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinions on a 2012 JK demo purchase...

OK, so I'm one of those guys has wanted a Jeep for as long as I can remember, but never pulled the trigger on one. Luckily I joined this forum a ways back and seeing a lot of your rigs has finally got me ready to pull the trigger.

I'm going to spring for a 2012, because of all the changes the past 2 years (mainly the engine and 5 speed auto), but was really hoping to nab a cosmos blue. As you guys know the color was discontinued early, and so they're not easy to come by.

Anyway, today I managed to find a dealer one province over who actually still has a 2012 Cosmos Sahara on his lot, but it's been used as a demo. It has 7500 km on it ( about4700 miles), stickers in just over 36K. It has more than I wanted, things like heated leather, heated mirrors, etc, but nothing that's a deal breaker. That said, it's missing a few things I wanted, like 3.73 gears, and I'm not a huge fan of the 18" rubber.

Anyway, to the point, the thing stickers at 36K, and there's 3K off all wranglers here right now. taking it to 33K. The dealer is offering 32K, which I think is a rip off, I mean it's got 7500 km on it, and it's more than I need with the things like heated seats, etc. My question to you guys, being as well versed as you are, what do you guys think is a fair price for something like this?? I was thinking in the 29K area. I REALLY want that blue (especially since next years blue looks to be so dark).... but I don't wanna get ripped off to get it.

ANy thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're in Nova Scotia, lol I don't think any of us know the market over there.

That being said, since it was a demo, its technically used, pay what you think you want to pay for it, and don't buy it just because it is Cosmos Blue.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I would never buy just for the color.... might just mean holding off for the 2013 slate is all.

I was more wondering thoughts on the price, but you're right, every market is different.

Looking online, I think I could likely score a 2012 JKUR for a similar price, and with less of the "frill" stuff I don't really need. I'll have another look at dealerships in my area this week, see what I can find. Only colors I really like are the flame red and cosmos blue.... so I'm kind of limited. I like black, but every jeep you see here is black or silver, so kind of wanted something different.

Quick Reply: Opinions on a 2012 JK demo purchase...