Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Order refund question

Old 11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order refund question

I have a $300 deposit down on an Unlimited Rubicon and think I found another JK in a different dealers inventory. I called the salesman where I placed my original order to see what the process is for getting the the deposit back if I cancel. He wasn't quite sure but said he will check with his manager tomorrow. I don't expect a problem getting the money back but you never know.

Just wondering what others experiences are in getting order deposits back.

Thanks,
Howie
Old 11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
jkunlimited07

I ordered an 07 Sahara Unlimited in Lancaster, PA in early Oct ($300 deposit). I cancelled it last week when I realized it would be January before I would get it (it was in BGX status). I had to go to the dealer and sign something and I received a check in the mail 4 days later.

You shouldn't have a problem getting your money back but check the fine print of your contract to make sure.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any dealership will sell any vehicle. Some dealers will 'share', 'swap', whatever with another dealer to get your sale. Talk about that with the salesman's manager and not the specific salesman. And it doesn't have to be specific manu, ie Jeep. You can go to any dealership and buy one. Now it may cost little more, take more time, etc. unless one dealership will 'deal' with another dealership.

Quick Reply: Order refund question