Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering Question

Old 05-28-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering Question

I ordered my JK Unlimited last week (currently in D status) and my dealer says it should be here around the end of June.

We have agreed on a price, including the $750 owner loyalty rebate, but nothing is in writing (except emails).

The dealer says everything is cool, but since I have never ordered a Vehicle I am not sure if there is anything else I should do. I am getting a good deal. The Jeep's MSRP is $27300 and I am getting it for $24195 which is below edmunds invoice and Chrysler E.P. so I want to make sure he doesn't try to pull one over on me.

Do you have any thoughts?
Old 05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just watch what you sign. Can't stress that enough. Make sure you look at every paper. The dealer I bought from slipped in a $300 window etching for the VIN. I did not notice until I got home.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I am pretty good at all of that. My concern is the price quote and the rebate. I don't want the rebate to expire before the Jeep gets here and I don't want him to back out of the deal.

Should I get something in writing?, will the emails be enough? or should I just trust the dealer?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sully151
Yeah I am pretty good at all of that. My concern is the price quote and the rebate. I don't want the rebate to expire before the Jeep gets here and I don't want him to back out of the deal.

Should I get something in writing?, will the emails be enough? or should I just trust the dealer?
My naive gut instinct would be to trust the dealer. However, when I ordered mine, the sales manager wrote everything in hand on the printed dealer invoice and we both signed it. He said we didn't need it but it was just for my peace of mind.

That being said, it probably wouldn't hurt to have something in writing. Even just a signed print out of the email. Do you feel you can trust the sales person you delt with?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

99.99% of car dealors are shady, I wouldn't trust any of them. You are crazy if you don't get a full contract with everything spelled out. Emails are good and all and I am sure they can be somewhat of a safety net, but why not just go in and get a contract signed just to be sure...
Old 05-29-2008, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

The email can be binding and legal but... have him sign it!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

But how do you feel about this person??? I had a verbal when I ordered the wife's and nothing changed when it arrived 6 wks later. Some people are still upstanding.

Quick Reply: Ordering Question