Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OTRATTW (a.k.a "Over The River and Through The Woods") Is Awesome

Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OTRATTW (a.k.a "Over The River and Through The Woods") Is Awesome

OK, so I am doing this really funky wiring job for the backup lights in my LOD rear bumper. Basically I have a requirement for a three position switch so that I can turn the lights on manually, completely cut power to them, or have them turn on automatically when the Jeep is put into reverse. This requires a DPDT switch, wired *backwards*.

I called OTRATTW with my requirements, and he instantly understood what I was trying to accomplish. He made a switch recommendation within seconds.

So ... when the DPDT switch arrived in the mail today, I was pleasantly surprised to find a piece of paper with a custom wiring diagram -- including notes -- for my specific application. Wow. He actually listened to what I was trying to accomplish and took the time to even make me a wiring diagram. Incredible customer service. Further, the DPDT switch that I ordered does not have the exact lighting behavior that I want (it's a very rare switch), and he said he would ship one to me *at cost* whenever he gets one.

If you're looking for a switch, I highly recommend them (although I know they are already highly recommended by others LOL).

-DM
Old 05-06-2010, 11:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard only great things about these guys as well. I plan on going with them when I order new rocker panels. Glad to hear of another customer with such a great experience.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for posting. I want to do the same thing when I install my back up lights but until now is was not certain what type of switch to use. If you get a chance, please post up a picture of the wiring diagram.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Please do a detailed write-up in the 'Write-up Section" this can be useful for allot of members, I know I wanna see it done.. so when I get my LOD rear bumper in the future it will be an easy install.. may even try it with a backup camera
OK, I will do my best. I'll post the wiring diagram, a parts list, and pictures. I've already made two spade connectors for the back of the DPDT switch (spade->16AWG->1A diode->1A 5x20mm fuse holder w/fuse), so I will only have "after" shots of those components. Making those was actually quite a bit of work!

@IMFLetch: I posted a wiring diagram in a different thread, but have made changes to it since then. I will post a final version after all the dust has settled.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Default Write-up is done. :)

You can find the write-up here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...osition-Switch
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the link. I will bookmark this one for future use.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Just got a box of switches from james at Otrattw, these guys are the best, great customer service, he recommended the correct switches, fast easy and very friendly...Would recommend to anyone looking for switches... Will post pic once there in..
Old 04-29-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Ive called him up several times after hours to help me with my wiring and he has shown me nothing courtesy and done an excellent job of explaining things. I even called him to help me wire a product that wasnt even his and he spent 20 min on the phone helping me trouble shot the problem.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for sharing info like this is all ways helpfull.

Quick Reply: OTRATTW (a.k.a "Over The River and Through The Woods") Is Awesome