Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

passenger door filled with water!??

Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger door filled with water!??

So recently i got stuck with the water just slightly above the bottom of my door sills, but there were people there ready to pull me out. Couldnt have been sitting there much more than a minute....anyways, now when i go to shut my passenger door i can hear water sloshing around in there, not just a little either, a fair bit...any ideas how it got in and how the F to get it out??
Old 08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look on the bottom of the door under the rubber seal you probley got a leay or mud blocking the drain use a tooth pik to clean the debri away
Old 08-28-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Dave, that happened to me too.

On the bottom corner of the door there is a rubber grommet. Remove it and everything should come out. If not the drain is plugged up with mud and gunk so run some water in there to flush it out.

I did this to mine and didn't have any issues.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is for in case you're out on the trial and run out of water in case of a breakdown. always fill your doors up with water in case of an emergency like this, just be sure to have that nifty attachment that hooks up the straw to the door so you're not under your jeep grabbing a drink...

jk, but seriously like they said check that rubber gromet and clean that out and rid the water from the door, it's not good to leave it in there like that.

Quick Reply: passenger door filled with water!??