Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

PHX JK drivers not waving

Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHX JK drivers not waving

How come most JK drivers in phoenix don't wave to each other on the road, I just got my first JK and I'm surprised, coming from a YJ I'm used to waving at all jeeps and getting the same back, but I'm getting no love on the JK haha maybe I gotta trick mine out before I get noticed
Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know how you feel. i got more jeep waves from soccers moms while i lived in Mass then i do here from modded JKs
Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Just keep waving. I get that fairly often as well. I think we all do.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh I'm not giving up, I'm still waving, my wife likes to make fun of me when I wave and don't get waved back, so cruel.. Haha
Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I seem to go through runs of where I receive waves back and then other times just get the blank stare.

Recently, I've been on a blank stare run, but I know as soon as the weather gets warm, and the top comes off, things will start to change.

I've been thinking, since most of us have cell phones with cameras on them now. Maybe we should start a thread and post pictures of these non wavers.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I seem to go through runs of where I receive waves back and then other times just get the blank stare.

Recently, I've been on a blank stare run, but I know as soon as the weather gets warm, and the top comes off, things will start to change.

I've been thinking, since most of us have cell phones with cameras on them now. Maybe we should start a thread and post pictures of these non wavers.
Excellent idea!! Haha
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont give up man. The issue out here is that every dealership lifts their jeeps and throws 35's on before they leave the lot. Now its impossible to distinguish a true jeep enthusiast from a soccer mom with the money for a modded jeep. I never got a wave back until I threw a hi lift on the hood and got the jeep good and dirty.

Persistence is key in this situation. I used to get tons of waves back east, but I think people as slowly starting to get the whole jeep wave thing out here.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wave, but I'm not over exuberent abuut it.
Don't think I've gotten a wave back yet.
I'm in my own world/happy place in the jeep.
So I may zone out and not see others until it's to late to wave. lol

Quick Reply: PHX JK drivers not waving