Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Picking up my 11' Rubi tommorrow...mod list check..

Old 02-14-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you are going with RR rear tire carrier, take a few words of first hand advice... get someone to weld a secondary stop, that lil B.S. pin they have to keep the tire from swinging all the way open dont always stop, mine swung open and hit the side resulting in a 500 dollar bill at the body shop. i did the secondary stop, that won't happen again. congrats on the new purchase, but i have to say that was a sweet car you got rid of
Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 AM
him
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
Well since you asked ...

Poison Spyder bumpers instead of Rugged Ridge
I don't know about Poison Spyder but the RR bumpers (and I have the RR XHD front) are definitely built to a price point and there are higher quality options. I'm happy with mine but I'm one of those "it's a jeep, who cares about some dings in the powder coat?" people.

Loose the AEV snorkel (poser part)
Disagree. It's cheap insurance. A high intake and prefilter (if it works) is a must for dry climates where dust can choke off an engine in just a few hours (I've had it happen), and depending on local laws regarding fording water it may be good in wet areas as well.

Loose the AEV rear guards (more poser parts)
I agree to lose them, disagree about the "poser" comment. IMO you should wait until you damage the body (if you do) before you install damage covers.

Loose the mbrp exhaust (doesn't help, just makes noise and cost money)
Agreed. This is another "wait until you have damage to repair" parts.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Today went wonderful.....nooo not really.

Got the eclipse avn4430, a hertz sub, jl amp, and a shattered rear windshield!!!! No idea what happened. I was closing the rear glass and about half way down i felt it snag a little and then just shatter. I wasnt pushing down hard at all, barely even with two fingers. The two that are now cut grrrr. Glass went all over my head and chest but it didnt cut me there, just the fingers. Drove straight to the dealer and they are replacing the glass tommorrow. I just hope they dont charge me for it.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

and also for now I might cheap out on the wheels and go with soft 8s or something. I feel it could be spent elsewhere.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ClimbIceNRock
and also for now I might cheap out on the wheels and go with soft 8s or something. I feel it could be spent elsewhere.
For looks, wheel make a big impact. Performance wise, I can't say.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked your idea of AEV Pintler wheels. Go with black wheels and your Jeep is going to look just like one of the other 600,000 Jeeps on the road with black wheels.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Pic

you gotta put up more pics please??
Old 05-01-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Ever get the AEV parts on??

Quick Reply: Picking up my 11' Rubi tommorrow...mod list check..