Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Plastic dip

Old 07-06-2014, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for just leaving it on. I plasti dipped my logo while it was still on the Jeep and it turned out great
Old 07-06-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Mopar black logo off ebay..
Worth the $12. Just take the old off and press in the new.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by stonewhite08
I bought a Mopar black logo off ebay.. Worth the $12. Just take the old off and press in the new.
That's what I did then the idea of just leaving my old one on came when I was plastidipping and I was like "damn duh". Well now that I think mine was off center and a little jacked up from when the last person painted the grill then put the emblem back on.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so would plasti dip be a good option for coloring the inside of my jkur hardtop? the stark white does not look good with everything else being red and black! looking at a diy job but i want it to look good, so ill also ask around the body shops for a quote or 3. im wanting either just a black interior on the hardtops white parts, or the color of the red body, texture doesnt matter because the inner hard top isnt smooth anyway, just wanna pretty her up some
Old 07-07-2014, 12:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
so would plasti dip be a good option for coloring the inside of my jkur hardtop? the stark white does not look good with everything else being red and black! looking at a diy job but i want it to look good, so ill also ask around the body shops for a quote or 3. im wanting either just a black interior on the hardtops white parts, or the color of the red body, texture doesnt matter because the inner hard top isnt smooth anyway, just wanna pretty her up some
I've seen threads where people do it. As long as you lay down the coats properly it comes out great and you should be fine. Check out the link below. They go over proper application I believe in the video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNY9Dx617N8

Quick Reply: Plastic dip