Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

plati dip question

Old 07-19-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plati dip question

I'm about to beeline my rims but I was gonna plasti dip them a few different ways to see what I like better. My question is how easy and what measures do y'all take to remove it
Old 07-19-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EsByrd
I'm about to beeline my rims but I was gonna plasti dip them a few different ways to see what I like better. My question is how easy and what measures do y'all take to remove it
Do light coats but do a few coats and it will peal right off the more coats easer to pull off to thin and it with still peal off but will rip
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks man. I love the black but I'm gonna leave some silver so I wanna play around on where all I leave it so I figured plasti dip would be perfect. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting into a lot of stripping
Old 07-19-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy on, easy off!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dont Bedline...If you want you can paint them, but bedlining adds a TON of weight. This will make the wheel harder to balance AND require more torque to turn them causing loss of power and fuel ecconomy

This is mine plasti-dip'd

The day I did it.

After driving in the sand(it held up pretty well) but needs just a touchup around the lip
Old 07-19-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

was just thumbin around on youtube and ran across this guy. his channel is DipYourCarcom......talk about loving some plasti dip....check out the video with the m3....i still havent popped off and sprayed anything with it but i think its time....
Old 07-20-2012, 03:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StrizzyChris
Dont Bedline...If you want you can paint them, but bedlining adds a TON of weight. This will make the wheel harder to balance AND require more torque to turn them causing loss of power and fuel ecconomy

This is mine plasti-dip'd

The day I did it.

After driving in the sand(it held up pretty well) but needs just a touchup around the lip
Honestly how much weigh could it add? I'm not doubting the balance part but I've read on here from the guys that have been doing it and it doesn't seem that they are having a big issue. I just don't wanna pay somebody to powder coat my rims when I can by a cheap set for a lil more with the correct backspacing and I also don't wanna have to keep touching up the rims like what has to be done with plasti dip. Oh and when I say bedline, I will be using raptor liner.

Quick Reply: plati dip question