Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Please confirm the 08 2dr rear accesss change

Old 09-07-2007, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclops62
I notice when I test drove a 2 dr the passenger seat didn't move up like on the old TJ. I wonder if you could swap the bracket with one from a TJ to correct this.
I think the hight is different because of how deep the floor pans are.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like H.C., I went on the lot to check. They are pillar mounted on the '08's, but the parts catalog says otherwise. Gonna do some research on this and find out a definitive answer. Stay tuned...
Old 09-07-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright so i did some investigating and have come up with some good news. The bracket is in fact a bolt on piece for the passenger seatbelt bracket. The only thing I am not sure about is if the hole for the bolt is already there or not, I wasn't able to take the interior paneling off my buddies 07, but I did on mine ('08) just for you guys just to get some pics. They are kinda grainy since they are with my camera phone but here ya go.

Of course the problem that still lingers is if it is a separate bracket, how are you to get it on the seatbelt itself since it is stitched on. Im sure the aftermarket will chime in with something. Although, the legality issues might prevent it.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twinturbostang
But the belt you can just pull out of the way, the seat not so much...
True again, but it comes back and tries to cut you in half, or wraps around your feet in an attempt to kill you.

Originally Posted by Conradfreedumb
The 2dr kills me with friends (mind you I dont like taking ppl out in it, guess im a little anti-social). Sometimes they get so frustrated they look like they'd rather not attempt the jump into the ring-o-fire! For my daugher it isnt so bad. I just scoop her up, plant her somewhere in the back seat and tell her to sit down (the bucklin' isnt too difficult, guess it could be easier)

That seatbelt is a guilitine. Insane on the passengers side (and thats where I have her carseat!)@@!!!!

I almost want to put her in through the driverside, but opt not to. Just habit.
Ditto this. I have my daughters seat on the driver's side though. It is easier to use both levers and flip the seat forward to put her in there than try to wrestle with a 1-1/2 yr old human octopus through the @(*&%#@&*%#&*^@# seatbelt. I seriously & sincerely hope that engineer got fired for being such a friggen moron as he certainly deserves it.

Originally Posted by jeepnxj3
Alright so i did some investigating and have come up with some good news. The bracket is in fact a bolt on piece for the passenger seatbelt bracket. The only thing I am not sure about is if the hole for the bolt is already there or not, I wasn't able to take the interior paneling off my buddies 07, but I did on mine ('08) just for you guys just to get some pics. They are kinda grainy since they are with my camera phone but here ya go.

Of course the problem that still lingers is if it is a separate bracket, how are you to get it on the seatbelt itself since it is stitched on. Im sure the aftermarket will chime in with something. Although, the legality issues might prevent it.

Thank you very much for the pics jeepnxj3, that helps a lot. I didnt think about the belts being stitched through the bracket. That puts a wrench in the idea, but i am sure i could get them restitched somewhere. Lots of upholstery/car rebuilding places around. I have no doubt that we arent the first ones with seatbelt issues.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bump for current interest.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you very much for the pics jeepnxj3, that helps a lot. I didnt think about the belts being stitched through the bracket. That puts a wrench in the idea, but i am sure i could get them restitched somewhere. Lots of upholstery/car rebuilding places around. I have no doubt that we arent the first ones with seatbelt issues.
wow i just figured out how us 07 jeepers can fix the seat belt.
i was looking at drilling a hole into the floor and useing a 6in L bracket to connect it all together but now all i have to do is see if that hole is there and if not then its one drill holeaway from being fixed
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

I read on another forum that they're putting the tilting forward seat in the '09 Wrangler. I hope they can be retrofitted for the earlier models.

Quick Reply: Please confirm the 08 2dr rear accesss change