Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pleasure Card

Old 05-17-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Pleasure Card

I went to the Badlands Off Road park in Attica, IN this past weekend. I had a really great time and met many forum members. Since there were about two dozen rigs there, I am having a hard time putting names, faces, rides, and screen names together. Now if this would have been a business meeting, I would have received business cards from most of the attendees and made notes about them so I could remember everyone.

Now I am sorting through all the photos I took and trying to figure out who's who. It occurred to me that if we had Pleasure Cards (Like business cards), I could just get one of those and snap some photos. I might make a few notes one the card about photo number or something too.

Also, I am stopped often by people asking about my ride. I always mention this site and how the people here are awesome. It's amazing the number of JK drivers who have modded their rides but are not members here. Obviously, I could always put a decal on the Jeep with the website, but people forget.

I know this whole thing was brought up years ago (Yes, I DO search), but it was never really resolved. Would it be possible to get a standard card designed and sell it through the store? Would anyone else whip out their pleasure card?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mixilpidilstick
... Would anyone else whip out their pleasure card?
Does this come with a happy ending?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Heck, I think it's a good idea. I got a Zombie Outbreak Response Team card from Brad Saturday with his and Tom's emails on it. I've actually been thinking of getting some personal cards printed.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

I think that's a pretty good idea... you can also search through this thread for people:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=pic+face
Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Heck, I think it's a good idea. I got a Zombie Outbreak Response Team card from Brad Saturday with his and Tom's emails on it. I've actually been thinking of getting some personal cards printed.
I overheard some people talking about zombies. I picked up my Zombie Hunting Permit at GenCon last year.

I am considering just making my own cards. I thought if we could get some interest from the community, and permission, we could have something more standardized. There are a lot of really creative people on this site who could make some good samples.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had "pimp" cards on another forum I used to belong too. They were a good idea on paper, but in reality they didn't do much for getting people to join.

If they don't do a simple Google search for a website for their vehicle, they aren't going to use a card.

Quick Reply: Pleasure Card