Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Poseur.....

Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, Ill stop it!
(But I still dont like no 4x2's lol)
Old 01-12-2007, 10:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

hell, I'm going to lease mine and still modify it and get it stuck somewhere I'm sure. I'll probably go mudding on my way home from the dealership after signing the papers. When I test drove one a couple weeks ago I asked the sales guy if I could test it offroad in the empty field behind the dealership but got denied.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:15 AM
JK Freak

I'm going to take mine to a place and have the scrapes put on by a professional.......really good ones !! To prove to the world........
Old 01-13-2007, 07:09 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
and getting your navel pierced right? They would both be about as useful.
I hope you know I was kidding....... , but I'll do better than scratching my Jeep....I'lll get those bullet hole decals......
Old 01-13-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by directedby
Within 2 hours of getting my Jeep i am going scrape my key along both sides of my jeep.

Anybody who does not do this is a whimp.
Okay, where are you? I'll scrape your key down each side of your Jeep too!

I don't want to be a whimp
Old 01-14-2007, 01:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by directedby
Within 2 hours of getting my Jeep i am going scrape my key along both sides of my jeep.

Anybody who does not do this is a whimp.
I think I'll give the trees the first honor of scrapeing up my Rubi...They've been here longer than I have.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default necessary lifting?

Is it necessary to lift my jeep to off road? I went down a trail day before yesterday (tank trails are a largely unrecognized military benefit for off roaders) my JK is purely stock and I had water about two inches over the bottom door sills. The waterline proved it! I didn't have any recovery gear and my girl almost had a heart attack! ha ha! Either way it was a blast. Some of my buddies with their jacked up pick-ups would've pissed their pants in that hole and my STOCK JK walked through like a champ. After that, I went to pick my son up to school and we went to the grocery store. (***I was stupid to not have any recovery gear, i know, i know...***)
Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on offroading my JK, hopefully more than I did my TJ. I'm one of those who commute with my jeep, 125 miles a day, and I never call out due to weather. So on occasion, I use the full capabilities of the jeep just making it to or from work in winter weather, or in the spring with the top off, near college campus's, man those girls love jeeps in the spring!
SC
Old 01-14-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TexasChopper
I for one will be posing. I just like Jeeps with big tires
Old 01-15-2007, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brettzky-JK757
Since I'm one of the apparent few who opted for the 4x2 version (hey...keep the hissing down over there! ), I would suggest that any trail work I may wind up doing would put me closer to the edge of the operational envelope.

Using the original poster's thought process, I could wind up being able to say affirmatively that I would, in fact, use my Jeep to its fullest potential. (I don't think I can go for all the lifting, 35's etc...my stock wheels and tires are just fine).

So I guess it is all in how you frame the question and the answer...

And I concur with the Curmudgeon...if I can find some hot gals who want to pose with/on my Jeep, you'd better believe I'll be all over that...
you take yours offroad, and you win the "i have a bigger set" contest!
i'm going to pose my jeep all over the place. on parking lots, trails, rocks, rivers, hondas whatever...

Quick Reply: Poseur.....