Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Possible 07 jeep wrangler purchase.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible 07 jeep wrangler purchase.

Haven't been a member long decided to join to get some info on these JK"s. I've found a 2007 at a dealer and the price and miles and overall condition seem to be good. I have one major concern and that is according to the auto check the dealer has on its web site it was rear ended back in 2010. Its listed as having moderate damage. Not really sure what this means but I really like the jeep but don't want to buy a piece of junk. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to find out more about this jeeps history. I'm in Virginia and the jeep is in Kentucky about 2 hours from me. The jeep has lived in Ky. its whole life. Ive contacted the jeep dealer it was bought at they had nothing on record. I found another dealer that had it and just had two oil changes on record but did give me the name of one of the owners. this is all i have to go on so any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the report they have the full carfax. It could just be a summary report. I would try to get the full carfax if not. It might have more info.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

They don't have a Carfax they are using Auto check. What all does a complete Carfax show.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Well I know my carfax told what the wreck was on one if my vehicles. Said it was minor damage caused to so and so area. And said from running offroad into a ditch. So it was more info for me to make better conclusions or assumptions to the amount of damage and if anything serious was damaged that could cause major issues later.

They also have service records and previous owners and such. You do have to pay for the full info. But if your searching heavily for a vehicle and looking at a few different cars then it might be worth paying for a Monty of service to allow you to check as many cars as you like in that month. Or if not really searching but kind of looking around here or there. Then it might benefit you to just pay for the one or carfax reports on the vehicles your really considering.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

The Auto check shows three owners and shows a rear impact with moderate damage. Will the Carfax have previous owners names?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Sesco4
The Auto check shows three owners and shows a rear impact with moderate damage. Will the Carfax have previous owners names?
Been a while since I've looked at one I don't remember.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 PM
JK Freak

No names, but it should show where in the 3 owners the accident occurred. It will also give you an idea of the mileage since the accident.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:54 PM
JK Freak

being a jeep you can get under it and look at the rear end components yourself and pull up the carpet if it has it and check under it, moderate dmg sounds like they toasted the bumper and probably had to put new rear fendors on, I dont believe frame damage qualifies as moderate, so just make sure the frame and new panels are good and it should be fine. you can also bring a tape measure along for makeing sure everything is fairly square, as long as it is i doubt it was ever tweaked too hard by the rear ending ect. note that it probably wont be perfectly square even in show room condition, chrysler isnt known for perfection.

Quick Reply: Possible 07 jeep wrangler purchase.