Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Potential Jeep newbie with a few questions

Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Potential Jeep newbie with a few questions

Hi guys/gals,

I'm pretty new to the forums and hope to own my first jeep tomorrow. I'm more then excited as I've wanted and liked jeeps for 6 or more years now. I'm going to look at, and hopefully purchase, an 08 Jk unlimited rubicon. It's jeep metallic green w/ soft top. It's loaded with the mygig nav and everything. It has around 10k miles. My only dislike is the owner had it special ordered with the Half doors. What would be my chances of maybe finding someone to trade there full doors for my half doors. Other then that. I'm so excited about tomorrow. Plus, this is the start to my birthday weekend/week/weekend. Aka.. I'm celebrating this weekend and next weekend. Next saturday is my birthday. So, this weekend is my weekend to hangout with all my family and friends. Next weekend my girlfriend has a huge suprise that is suppose to take up the whole weekend and she said if I get the jeep that it'll be an added bonus to what we'll be doing for my birthday. So, I'm clueless and super excited to say the least!!

So, if anyone is interested or knows someone interested in trading their full doors for some half doors. I'd love to make arrangements to meet up and trade.

This seems to be a great web forum and I've already learned a ton of info on here. Hope to be postin some shots of my, new to me, JK rubi tomorrow. An added plus is this weekend, in my old neck of the woods, is the Highlifter pro series mud bogs for Atv's and SxS's. So, it can't get much better! Thanks for readin and god bless!

-Chad-
Old 10-17-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IT shouldn't be too hard to find someone willing to trade. There are a lot of people that would rather have the half doors. Some put window sliders in them so they don't have to unzip every time they hit the drive thru.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Welcome to JK-Forum, happy birthday, and congrats on the new jeep. If you give it a little time you may end up liking the half doors very much.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sully151
IT shouldn't be too hard to find someone willing to trade. There are a lot of people that would rather have the half doors. Some put window sliders in them so they don't have to unzip every time they hit the drive thru.
Good idea.. I'll check into that.

Originally Posted by Robar
Welcome to JK-Forum, happy birthday, and congrats on the new jeep. If you give it a little time you may end up liking the half doors very much.
Well see.. I'm all about some clean body lines and the full doors just look alot better to me.. What I actually want to do is, during the summer time, is run the orfab tub doors. Then have full doors when I need them.

This truck won't be my daily driver. So, it's not a huge deal either way.

-Chad-
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Congrats on getting the Jeep you'll love it. As far as the half doors go they'll grow on you especially the first time you want to take the doors off. But IF you really want to trade I have 2 full doors I'll trade ya. Good luck with the Jeep man.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Well just have too see.. I can't wait to go 4wheelin.. I'm hoping to make a trip to the smokies while the fall colors are still strong.. Hell a 4wheelin trip anywhere is gonna put a big ol smile on my face. I truely love this stuff.. can't believe I've waited this long to get a jeep. Wish me luck tomorrow. Hope to be driving a rubi to the 4wheeler mud bogs tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I wish we were closer in distance because I would consider your offer, and I have jeep green too! If you can't find someone to swap, I would consider buying yours, but I have no idea what the shipping would cost.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by walker
Well, I wish we were closer in distance because I would consider your offer, and I have jeep green too! If you can't find someone to swap, I would consider buying yours, but I have no idea what the shipping would cost.

Yeah, even if we meet like half way. It'd still be 12-15 hrs one way for both of us. Don't get me wrong. I love me a good road trip, but not just to switch doors.. lol.. Really do appreciate the offer. If for some reason I get the jeep and find myself headin west in the near future. Might be possible then.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS2pwr
Yeah, even if we meet like half way. It'd still be 12-15 hrs one way for both of us. Don't get me wrong. I love me a good road trip, but not just to switch doors.. lol.. Really do appreciate the offer. If for some reason I get the jeep and find myself headin west in the near future. Might be possible then.
Yea, you have a jeep now and I think you will find it wants to migrate WEST to the Mecca Moab. Let me know, my jeep can meet you in Moab in 6.5 hours!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd trade my full doors for half doors in a heartbeat. You won't have any problems with making the trade. But, you will regret it.

Quick Reply: Potential Jeep newbie with a few questions