Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The power of the Survey

Old 04-26-2007, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
i havent filled out mine yet . my sales guy was great and i had a employee discount so price was non-neg but the hassle i go thru with for service will be montioned on the survey, if i can find the damn thing
Mention it too your Sales Guy and tell him you are about to fill out the survey. Maybe you can get some free oil changes or something.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surveys

....the reason the dealer is so concerned about a positive survey is that it
directly affects the dealership (based on monthly c.s.i. scores )ie: rebates,
dealer offered sales and it trickles down through the dealership. In some cases
salaries in service are affected as their commission may be based on their
total c.s.i. (customer satifaction index) scores. The service department always gets a copy of your survey, so if they look at you a bit strange when you go in
to the dealer you'll know why, especially if it was a negative survey.
These are their main concerns, not your vehicle.
Lorraine
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK LORRAINE
total c.s.i. (customer satifaction index) scores. The service department always gets a copy of your survey, so if they look at you a bit strange when you go in
Lorraine
I think the survey that this thread is about is for the SSI survey, not for service related surveys. SSI is for sales and CSI is for service. the SSI surveys are very important to us "sales" guys. part of the reason that a lot of times dealers will try to make every effort to make sure things are right is this... on the survey you have 5 options to choose from based on satisfaction. the far left would be very satisfied and the far right very dis-satisfied... the stupid part about the survey is this. if you mark very satisfied that equates to 100%, the NEXT spot to the right equates to 75%. tell me how that makes any sense what-so-ever... and us sales guys have to stay "certified" every year and have to keep our SSI score at a 93 or above

Originally Posted by neil17
Another thing to add about my survey. The sales rep. who sold it to me told me to not fill it out and to give it back to the dealership. If I do this he said he would fill up my tank, but the phone calls I got from the dealership were from the owner telling me to look out for it and fill it out...hmm? I guess some people are more interested in keeping their 5 star rating.
all i have to say about this is... that should never be done!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an update: Got my check for $349 for the Data Dots from FEDEX on Monday. Thank you Survey!

now, what do I buy for my Jeep?..........
Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks FiveOff, for your well explained experience. I was bewildered a little when I noticed on my Vehicle Purchase Agreement the Total Basic Vehicle and optional extras price differing $446 from the Total Sale Price - No explanation in the margin, just a blank line?
Before ordering, I went over the numbers, including all options, fees and taxes and told the sales rep the price I will pay a month for purchasing. Without going into detail, the short story is he reached that number. So, in the end I'm happy, only curious to the mathematical anomaly.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK LORRAINE
Lorraine
This is pretty much dead on. I work at a dealership, so I know. My wife and I recently bought a Tahoe from another dealer and I had some of the same issues with them. They tried to take me for $2000($1000 extended warranty, the finance guy just added in on is own and another $1000 just for the hell of it I guess), even though they knew where I worked and I know how to buy a car. Too many people fall for that crap and assume that every car dealer is going to shoot straight with them and that's not how it works. YOU MUST LOOK AT EVERY ASPECT OF THE DEAL! That's why I love where I work. We honestly don't do that and our salespeople don't make a commision off of how much the dealership grosses on the vehicle. It's the honest way of selling cars, NO B.S.! The survey does mean something, I didn't get a return call after I butchered Bill Heard Chevy(Union City), probably because they figured it be easier to forget and move on. I had bought from them in Columbus before and had a great experience so who knows. I sure won't go back there and tell everyone looking for a Chevy to steer clear.

Oh, NEVER tell a salesman what you want your payments to be. THAT IS WHAT A SALESMAN WANTS! It is the biggest factor to someone getting screwed. If you get the price of the vehicle where you want it and a fair interest rate, payemts will fall in line.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 05-02-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: The power of the Survey