Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Probably No Jeep pick-up

Old 12-23-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Probably No Jeep pick-up

well I knew it was to good to be true, sounds like there might not be a jeep pick up after all.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/23/r...m-a-done-deal/

The folks over at Chrysler need their arse kicked.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Report: Rumored Jeep pickup far from a done deal: This sucks!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/23/r...m-a-done-deal/

"Please join us in a collective sigh of exasperation. According to Automotive News, the much-rumored Jeep pickup that had us all salivating earlier this year may be little more than hyped-up vaporware. It would seem that while Chrysler's off-roading arm is game to create a small pickup once again, the vehicle isn't as writ in stone as we were all led to believe. From what we can tell, Jeep is facing some grief from the Ram squad for wanting to play in their sandbox. Additionally, all of Chrysler is staring at a pretty hefty dearth of engineers, so adding another ground-up build to the company's already sizable honey-do list isn't exactly on the table.

And what of the military-spec Jeep truck currently on sale elsewhere around the globe? Automotive News says that Chrysler thinks it wouldn't be worth the effort (or money) to try to dilute that vehicle down far enough for civilian duty. Maestro, cue up the sad trombone, if you'd be so kind.

That means that we can probably scrap the notion of seeing Jeep pickup by next year as we were initially led to believe. If the vehicle does manage to get past all of the hurdles before it, the pickup likely won't see the light of day for a good long while."
Old 12-23-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We should call this the Scrooge Thread! Hope the Jeep Truck does come to life in the next couple of years and as long as I'm making my hoilday wishes...I hope it turns out like the Nukizer we saw at the Moab 2010 EJS!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care about the jeep truck. I want to know about 2012 engines! Chrysler needs to announce something already!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Look on the bright side maybe they are trying to make the Nukizer style happen instead
Old 12-23-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Considering the comment regarding the RAM side not wanting in house competition from Jeep, i doubt we'll see any Jeep Truck anytime soon.

I fail to see how the Gladiator would compete agains Ram unless they are referring to the steaming pile of ugly crap they call the 'dakota'.

I always fail to understand why Manufacturers refuse to produce what the public wants. Instead spoon feeding us cookie cutter vehicles that all look the same.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi

Thing is...they have all the people's addresses that have bought newer jeeps. All they would have to do is send out a letter asking them if they think they would buy a pickup if they offered one. Why shoot yourself in the foot before you know weather or not the thing would sell....???

Quick Reply: Probably No Jeep pick-up