Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Production delays

Old 11-23-2007, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810

I would not mind to see my JK get built with the soft top on and get the hardtop drop shipped through the dealership when they are available. At least this way I could be driving my new Jeep.

Unfortunately, I don't think that Chrysler would ever think of or be willing to do this. I would have to assume that there would be a bunch of logistical issues and shipping costs involved.

Makes sense to me though!
Since mine is held up because of the hard top my dealer did suggest that I could order it with the soft top and then get the hard top from them later. The trouble with that is that I would have to pay $2300 for it. No way.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azyjjk
Since mine is held up because of the hard top my dealer did suggest that I could order it with the soft top and then get the hard top from them later. The trouble with that is that I would have to pay $2300 for it. No way.

I wonder what the dealer cost is for the hard top and how much they would sell the to us for in this situation.

The dual top option is $1585, the soft top is no charge.

If the retail is $2300, I would have to imagine that they could do it for $1585 including all of the defroster pieces and installation of the wiring.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
I wonder what the dealer cost is for the hard top and how much they would sell the to us for in this situation.

The dual top option is $1585, the soft top is no charge.

If the retail is $2300, I would have to imagine that they could do it for $1585 including all of the defroster pieces and installation of the wiring.
It's About $700 more for the hard top over the soft top and as you said 1600 for both tops. Your math is correct, however you know dealerships are going to charge you more for labor than the manufacturer installing it while building it. Does the 2300 include all wiring and installation?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by davidwm71
It's About $700 more for the hard top over the soft top and as you said 1600 for both tops. Your math is correct, however you know dealerships are going to charge you more for labor than the manufacturer installing it while building it. Does the 2300 include all wiring and installation?
I was thinking that the dealer may want to accomdate the scenario to get dealer in before the end of the year.

Quick Reply: Production delays