Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

proof for my dad.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy any vehicle at invoice or less IMO....If you take your time and know what your doing, you can get that deal pretty much on any vehicle. Other than a Ferrari, lambo etc. I have a neighbor that works for chrysler so I'm getting the green sheet friends and family discount. Easy for me to say considering I live with in 10 minutes of the Fenton plant.

I say go for the used Rubi... it will hold it's value better than the X and if your dad wants you to have the full doors, he can easily trade them and still probably get cash back as well. As half doors are in HIGH demand!!
Old 12-25-2007, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

keep this comming! its good so far! i hope this helps!
Old 12-25-2007, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

If your mod budget is going to be small I would go for the Rubi; and at only 850 miles it seems like a decent deal... And as for the doors, if in good shape, you would have no problems trading them for full doors, but I would keep them...

Now, if money is no object I would go for an X and mod the life out of it. If you have the money and enjoy wrenching on your vehicles, you could be entertained for a long time. I was forced to order a Rubicon for the simple fact the wifey makes it rough on me anytime I start putting the mods to my vehicles. I still manage to get the mods that I want in the end, but it always takes some trickery and time...

And good luck... Sounds like you have a great Dad; make sure you're grateful no matter what way he decides...

Last edited by SteelMastiff; 12-25-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

To help readers better understand the situation of the OP, please take a few minutes to read this thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/23k-rubi-23056/

It will very likely help you formulate your replies.

SV
Old 12-25-2007, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Well if they are in the same ballpark area go for the rubi.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:56 PM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sv650
To help readers better understand the situation of the OP, please take a few minutes to read this thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23056

It will very likely help you formulate your replies.

SV
Wow. I read it. All I can say is 'wow'. I would personally buy the rubicon, but I would also be the one paying for it. You haven't mentioned your age. All I can say is that you're lucky. I don't think there is anything in the 'how to be a parent manual' that requires a parent to buy a car for their child. Public transportation, bicycles, and walking would come to mind if one of my boys started complaining about what kind of car I was planning on spending my money on for him to drive.

Bottom line is if the parents pay for it they should pick what they want. If you want something else then don't drive it and pay for something with your own money. It's likely that they've already said something very similar to you. Good luck!
Old 12-25-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it kinda goes along with "my house, my rules", he who pays for the vehicle, gets to pick the vehicle.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Contact this guy... maybe you can work something out:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/where-can-i-get-half-doors-23712/

I like the half doors better myself. Especially with the top down!!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

If things don't work out with the JK let me know. I will make you a crack head deal on a 2007 Cobalt with only 7k miles on it. The car is mint, and has a few extras...

Old 12-26-2007, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jblankster
heres the rubi to compare it to http://www.billkaychrysler.org/2007-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-4x4-c-2213.htm

the only reason why he dosent want it is because of the doors.

Have you had a Carfax or something run on it yet? With 840 miles on it, the price seems very low.

KBB suggests that it be sold for just under $30,000 and they're asking only 23,550 for it? I would search that things history with a microscope. Plus, the fact that it only has 840 miles on it has me wondering as well. Even if it's a demo model or something (Which around here, 840 miles on a demo model seems rather low), it seems priced low.

Certainly check into it. I would be led to think it has an accident on its title.

Quick Reply: proof for my dad.