Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Props to James at Rock Hard 4x4

Old 06-05-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Props to James at Rock Hard 4x4

I just wanted to pay tribute to James over at Rock Hard 4x4. I just finished the installation of their JK sport cage and ran into some fitment issues between the upper dash bar attachment collar and the front Freedom top panels. Apparently some of the 09'+ JK's Freedom Top panels are thicker on the outer edge than previous model years (this happens to 1 in maybe 100). This makes that collar fit too tight against the panel to allow it to sit flush. The solution is to dremmel the edge of the panel a bit to make it fit.

Well I emailed the general mailbox over at Rock Hard along with a few pictures and within a few hours I received a response from James asking me to call him. I did and he explained the situation to me and suggested that I take some better pictures then email it to him and call him right afterwards.

So when I got home I did exactly that. He just happened to be getting home himself at the same time and I could hear kids screaming in the background (he was on his cell phone). He went out to his own JK (an 07' model) and ripped apart the roll bar padding to get a better look at how far outboard the bar was mounted on his. We litteraly spend almost an hour going over some attachment solutions that minimized the amount of trimming I would have to do. All the while his family apparently was needing him more. Talking about making sure the customer got assitance!

He also happens to live in AZ, though about 40-50 miles from me. At one point he offered to come by my house and help me with the trimming! I was absolutely blown away....I told my wife that this was like one of the owners of Cover Girl (a makeup manufacturer for those who don't know ) coming over to help her put on her makeup!!

All I can say is that Rock Hard 4x4 is top notch!! James went the extra mile in my opinion to support his product and ensure that the customer was satisfied.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats awesome JP and that cage looks badass color matched
Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive dealt with James a few times over email and he has always been very helpful and available.

And that cage looks sick color matched!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a brief talk with James the other day, and I definitely got the feeling that they care about their customers, and stand behind their products.

Quick Reply: Props to James at Rock Hard 4x4