Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pros and cons with half doors?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen anything either that makes me NOT want them. I will be getting full doors again but the doors I'm looking at are already the same color. Swap the door lock cylinders and done.

BTW... Are the lock cylinders held in with the same type of slide clip that my TJ had or something different?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:58 AM
btz
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by runforestrun
I have both for my 2 door. My commute to work is so much nicer with half doors, i don't feel like I am driving to work. much better airflow and a place to rest your arm.
If you can afford the investment do both!!!
I agree, both meets all needs!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:00 PM
btz
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KY JK
I haven't seen anything either that makes me NOT want them. I will be getting full doors again but the doors I'm looking at are already the same color. Swap the door lock cylinders and done.

BTW... Are the lock cylinders held in with the same type of slide clip that my TJ had or something different?
Never had a tj, but it's a flat slide type clip on the half doors for sure. If you're really curious, pull off the plastic guard on the inside of the back gate and you can see that lock cylinder and clip.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by btz
Never had a tj, but it's a flat slide type clip on the half doors for sure. If you're really curious, pull off the plastic guard on the inside of the back gate and you can see that lock cylinder and clip.
I figured as much. That's the same as the TJ clip was.

Quick Reply: Pros and cons with half doors?