Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

protection while wheeling

Old 01-22-2015, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Fire Axe -6 pounder. Guns are for wannabe girly men. Seriously you gonna run into a murderous meth head or serial rapist out on the road? Give it a shake guys. Yah there's a pervert behind every corner
You are correct, you MOST LIKELY will not run into trouble in the back country. Most likely, I will not get in a car accident today ... haven't been in one for over 25 years. But a good insurance policy is always prudent.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:16 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
You are correct, you MOST LIKELY will not run into trouble in the back country. Most likely, I will not get in a car accident today ... haven't been in one for over 25 years. But a good insurance policy is always prudent.
Well stated sir and I agree. but most people would pee their pants laughing at how fast a meth head can run away with his pants on the ground when you pull out the axe. Less chance of it being stolen and used in a crime as well as less chance of loved ones misusing it.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm guessing you grew up in the country...lol

I don't worry about meth heads and rapists (although they are around). The dominant crime in the city is robbery (sometimes performed by meth heads). You actually alluded to that in your response...

Less chance of it being stolen and used in a crime
. As far as on the trail, animals would be more my concern, of course depending on where you wheel.

Guns come with a tremendous responsibility, they're not for everyone. I don't fault anyone for not wanting one, as I don't fault any law-abiding citizen for wanting one. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Guns come with a tremendous responsibility, they're not for everyone. I don't fault anyone for not wanting one, as I don't fault any law-abiding citizen for wanting one. Just my 2 cents.
Agree.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fire Axe -6 pounder. Guns are for wannabe girly men. Seriously you gonna run into a murderous meth head or serial rapist out on the road? Give it a shake guys. Yah there's a pervert behind every corner
Seriously!?!? Just imagine how different things could have been if Peter Parkers Uncle Ben had been carrying on that fateful night.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Pick head or flat head? Plus, 6 pounders are for girly men. If you aren't grabbing an 8, you're wrong.

Last edited by JK505; 01-22-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:13 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by JK505
Pick head or flat head? Plus, 6 pounders are for girly men. If you aren't grabbing an 8, you're wrong.
Pick head for sure but and 8 pounder is out since my shoulder surgery
Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Stubicon
Seriously!?!? Just imagine how different things could have been if Peter Parkers Uncle Ben had been carrying on that fateful night.
Yah when he pulled out the axe there would have been 2 d-heads running away screaming like little girls
Old 01-22-2015, 11:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I keep a Ruger P95 with me.

While some people will think carrying a gun is feminine, I like to keep it for an unforeseen situation.

A firearm is like a fire extinguisher: it's better have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:41 AM
JK Newbie

I take comfort knowing that in Arizona any citizen can carry concealed or in an open carry holster with out a permit of any kind.... become a convicted felon or get arrested for domestic violence you lose that right, with that being said any moron can carry, and they often do.... price of having a free state.

Quick Reply: protection while wheeling