Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pulled over by the fuzz....

Old 01-20-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over by the fuzz....

So, on my .25 mile drive to work I find myself being pulled over by a local town cop. Now, mind you...I make a right turn out my neighborhood, then hit a traffic light about 200 yards up and make a left onto the street my job is located. As I am at the light waiting to make the left, there is a car behind me and then a cop. No worries the cop is there, just happened to notice him. As I make the left and head down the street, he proceeds to pass the car behind me and get right up on my ass. I'm like great, what now. I couldn't have done anything. Wasn't speeding, didn't go through a red light, had my blinker on, etc. So, surprise surprise his lights go on! He ends up pulling me over about 100 feet from the entrance to my job, walks up to the jeep and says in these EXACT words.... "Dude, you have one awesome fucking jeep!" I didn't know how to react! hahaha.... The fact that he pulled me over to tell me he liked my jeep or the fact that I was all worried as to what I could have possibly done? He starts to go on about how he has a new JK and wants to do what I did, asked prices, etc....ALL while I'm being late for work now! I told him he could have waited another 100 feet for me to pull into the parking lot and just talk to me there.... He now waves every time he's in his patrol car and passes me. Thought I'd share my friday morning with my fellow jeepers!

TGIF everyone!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Hah! See, not all cops are bad. Actually it seems like there are a lot of police officers that are into off road in one form or another.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

It's nice to get good comments on your Jeep, but...
Pulling you over because he wants to talk about Jeeps is inappropriate behavior on the part of the police officer. It suggests a lack of good judgement.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Junkie

Well, that is exactly what I said to myself after the fact. I have a lot of family on the job and it sure as hell isn't proper procedure to pull someone over to "talk to them". Of course, I wasn't going to get into a pissing match with him over why he actually pulled me over, was more-so happy to know I didn't do anything wrong to get a ticket and even more-so happy to hear how he drools over my rig.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

I had a state trooper pull me over and try to buy my old f150 from me. Then he gave me a seatbelt ticket. I was pretty pissed.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

the obvious reply to this is

"Dude, for THIS I just swallowed a dime bag of weed?"
Old 01-20-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

On another not-so-good note when I in-fact DID get pulled over for turning on red, after the cop gave me a break on my ticket (gave me one for improper lane change as supposed to a moving violation) he said "love your jeep with the doors off" and then watched me as I drove off, haha. Keep in mind, it's illegal apparently to run without doors in Jersey - does he not know or just liked the look so much he lost his train of thought!? haha
Old 01-20-2012, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Nah, I finished that before I went to work.... SUCKER! hahaha...
Old 01-20-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default Cayenne

I had this happen several years ago in my new Cayenne Turbo which I have since sold. It was the first one this guy had seen and he really just wanted to look at it and ask me questions about it.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 AM
JfK
JK Enthusiast

While it is certainly unprofessional, having the local town cop know your jeep and maintaining a friendly rapport can only be good for you

Quick Reply: Pulled over by the fuzz....